Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

Immobilizer Indicator Light stays on after battery change

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2023, 05:08 PM
Default Immobilizer Indicator Light stays on after battery change

I used a Schumacher SEC-12V-OBD Memory Saver to save my settings and then replaced my battery. Now the Immobilizer Indicator Light stays on (orange). The indicator doesn’t flash and car the starts and runs properly.

Old 12-20-2023, 10:18 AM

With some newer vehicles the vehicle computer has to be informed the battery has been replaced. Isn't progress great ?

Old 12-27-2023, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by SoCalJim
I used a Schumacher SEC-12V-OBD Memory Saver to save my settings and then replaced my battery. Now the Immobilizer Indicator Light stays on (orange). The indicator doesn’t flash and car the starts and runs properly.
Check for codes and have it reset.. Now a days some after market scan tools can not perform that function.. Give it a try or have a dealer reset it for you.

Old 12-28-2023, 01:46 PM

Does your vehicle have a key or push button start?

Old 01-04-2024, 11:50 AM

It has a key. There's also no power on the OBD power pin so I'm trying to locate the fuse; hopefully there is an OBD fuse.

Old 01-04-2024, 06:22 PM

Do you have a copy of the owner's manual?

Old 01-04-2024, 07:03 PM

I do and I have read it. Did I miss the solution?

Old 01-05-2024, 09:03 AM

Many times instead of having a diagram showing what the fuses protect, there may be a written section where we need to read and look for a better answer.

I am aware Hyundai doesn't always make this easy, but we still try.

Without looking, can't tell you where the security sensor is that would let you know if someone tried to take your vehicle and opened the hood. It may have been disturbed at the time of battery replacement.

Old 01-05-2024, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by SoCalJim
It has a key. There's also no power on the OBD power pin so I'm trying to locate the fuse; hopefully there is an OBD fuse.
Funny you mention no power to OBD.. I was trying to scan a buddy of mine GMC Jimmy because his check engine light came on.. No power to OBD port. The fuse for that is the same one as for the cigarette lighter.. Check the fuse for you 12v outlets that are right under the radio in that little cubby hole. I have the same exact Elantra as you.

Old 01-07-2024, 05:38 PM

I found the problem. When I installed the Schumacher Memory Saver and disconnected the battery, the cabin “1 MEMORY” fuse blew, undoubtedly because the OBD/memory saver’s power pin tried to power the car and exceeded the 10 amp fuse limit. The memory saver should have a current limiter. This solved a handful of other issues with the instrument panel that I haven’t mentioned. All is good now.

Quick Reply: Immobilizer Indicator Light stays on after battery change