Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

Need help installing 4 channel amp

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 10:05 AM
Default Need help installing 4 channel amp

I have a 2008 elantra manual. I bought some polk speakers and a 4 channel amp to power them. The problem is figuring out where the wire is going to go. My first problem was I cant find a place to put the amp speaker wire through the car to reach it at the trunk. Theres a firewall of some sort and Im not to sure if I want to be drilling holes any where. For the front doors there is a rubber grommet that I can slip the wire through so that part was easy. The second part I ran into trouble was the rear door speakers. What would be the best way to wire the rear door speakers to the amp in the trunk? Also, are you guys using the factory speaker mount(its the cardboard speaker, but i had to cut it out). Its been a huge disaster on this car. I have done previous cars with no problems. I bought this car used and the dip**** who installed the front speakers did a really crappy job. There were only 2 screws holding the driver side speaker and it eventually died. If you guys could help me out I would be grateful. Thanks

P.S If you have pics of where you put your wires though please post them.