Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

help installing cold air intake

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 06:12 PM
Default help installing cold air intake

hey everybody, i'm new to the whole tuning up my tiburon scene, i just got a cold air intake and was needing help installing? i know this is probably an easy install, but i'm just now getting into working on my own car!

Old 04-11-2006, 07:10 PM
Default RE: help installing cold air intake

I thought this stuff was easy too ... until I found out just to change the oil filter, the engine has to be taken apart with a special tool that they have in the dealership. I asked to buy one, but they are not even sure there is a part number for that.

Good luck!

Old 04-12-2006, 08:51 AM
Banned

HI THERE... regarding the oil filter changing.. whaT model..(year) tiburon does that occur on...... i have a 1997.. would the same apply for me....

Old 04-12-2006, 02:44 PM

Damn dude, you're scared of changing your oil? lol. Check it out, go to autozone, get the "special tool" its just a damn oil filter wrench and get the front of the car up on jacks, slide under there, and use the wrench to loosen the filter. Then once its loose, position your drain pan and remove the filter by hand. You should already have the 17mm drain bolt off and the majority poured into the drain pan anyway. Then after the oil is barely coming out, which it will do for days if you let it just string down, just put the drain plug back in, twist a new filter on, and refil.

Installing a Cold Air Intake is pretty easy to, you just have to pul the big ugly black boxes out. then put the intake through the plastic shroud under the drivers side of the engine.

If you have a 1997, you'll probably just want a short ram since the emissions equipment charcoal canister is sitting right where you'd want your filter for the CAI. Get a shorty for that car unless you feel like messing with emission equipment.

Old 04-15-2006, 07:23 PM
Banned

hi there.. oh right i can do other stuff.. never done a oil service ever before.. but it doesnt sound to bad.. i fitted a CAI 2 days ago on my 1997.. but not a short ram .. i see you say that the filter is sitting on the emmisions thing.. is that a little plug sensor......

i was thinking of somehow customing the pipe to move it lower?

going to post pictures sometime soon..