Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

im new and need help! air intake? Short or cold?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 08:55 PM
Smile im new and need help! air intake? Short or cold?

HI everyone

im new i need help.

i had a hyundai tiburon 04 and just recently traded it in for a 2010 accent

for more gas milage plus it was an amazing price.

its not as powerful as my tiburon was and need help finding a
either cold air intake or short air intake. Would like it to help me on miles per gallon and also in it for the power i put in a box with 2 10inch subs and it made it a bit slow. ill have photos up soon but please anyone help!

link me/ give me ideas on were to buy/ i have 200 bills so far would go a bit higher if needed but would like to stay below

Old 01-29-2011, 07:09 AM

i've tried either one for my 04 elantra and the computer has so much control that mpg isnt going to change too much if u go short ram or cold. Personally i did cold just to open up the engine bay. But doing cold air you gota do it right meaning either an air bypass valve before the MAF sensor or a waterproof bag over the air filter so your cold air doesnt become a fresh water intake. Cold air will perform a little better in the summer. wintertime there isnt much difference so go with the safer ram air if you get alot of snow that could clog up the filter in the fender

Old 02-02-2011, 01:35 AM

so i should go the the short ram intake?? were could i find one?

Old 02-03-2011, 12:02 AM

does an accent have a mass air flow sensor? i cant find it so im thinking it doesnt

Old 02-03-2011, 12:25 AM

The stock intake on the 2010 Accent (i have one) seems pretty well done. The intake seems to be hiding behind the headlight. I tend to think the short ram that is being sold will probably just suck in the hotter air in the middle of the engine compartment.

From dyno tests i've seem, most of these upgraded intakes only offer a small benefit at very high RPM. Unless you're going to beat the crap out of your motor all the time, i'd leave well enough alone. If you're really that concerned about all the weight you added, maybe go with... gasp!... smaller subs Two 10's is quite a bit for such a small car.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:31 AM

i know 2 10 subs are bad but i spent the money already. i can take them out but then what do i do? im sure maybe someone will buy them but for a way cheaper price i payed for them.

i was interested in this.

http://www.hyundaiaccessorystore.com...m_Air_Kit.html

a bit pricey though.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:13 PM

i recently took the cold air pipe off mine and put the filter just b4 the MAF and now i can let out the clutch without reving it to over 2000rpm to keep the engine from dying. and no engine risks. i'm sticking with ram air. cold air seems to be more focused on built engines with tuned ecms or timing control that need more dense air. worked better on my old sentra but it had a distributor to adjust timing so it worked good with cold air but mots of the hyundais.. the good durable hyundais use coils and injectors so all computer controlled so air density isnt an effect