Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

Radio & Clock not working in 2002

Old 01-13-2013, 05:17 PM
Default Room LP fuse

While charging my battery using jumper cables, had wrong jumpers polarity connected, then after proper connection, there was no light, no radio, no central locking..and the room lp fuse keeps blowing every time i put a new fuse in.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:32 PM

Did you check the fuses a second time when you replaced it. If it is blown again then its off to the Auto electrician as you may have fried a wire,

regards
Kirko

Old 08-09-2014, 01:00 PM

I did the same thing by mistake and now fuse #25 keeps blowing on me? Any suggestions where I can look? Did I blow the ETACS unit up? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 2006 Hyundai Elantra 4 door

Old 01-09-2017, 04:38 PM

I have a similar problem. crossed the wires for a second while jumping the wifes car in the dark. replaced the 15 amp LP fuse (it was blown) and it immediately failed.

Old 08-11-2018, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Doohickie View Post
This is easily the most common electricalissue with Elantras when the stereo is messed with. Fuse 25 powers a lot of things, including radio memory, the clock, dome lights, and the ETACS which controls the alarm system. There is a second source of power to the ETACS that comes on when the key is on, that's why it works when the engine is running.

ROOM/LP means "Room Lamp"(dome light). I guess they label it that because they feel someone will notice if their dome light goes out and they will then know what fuse to check.

I added an extra light in my trunk and I think the wire rubbed up against the body once, shorting the power and blowing the fuse... I was in a curve and had a bag of cement back there. It went thump against the side and then my radio died. I replaced Fuse 25 (with a spare from the fuse box) and was on my way with everything working again. It freaked me out pretty good at the time. So while a lot of the advice I give on this board is from reading the manuals and stuff, this one I actually have personal experience with.
#25 fuse keep blowing out what now

Old 08-11-2018, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Earl Greer View Post
#25 fuse keep blowing out what now
Disconnect the radio and then try replacing fuse
Many times the radio blows or burns out ... short