Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

Rebate '07 Elantra and price help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 08:39 PM
Default Rebate '07 Elantra and price help!

Hi all,

I'm considering buying a '07 Elantra and the local dealer is pushing hard to get the deal done today since the $1k rebate ends today. He's offering me another $400 if I get it today, so my question is, should I wait for the next Hyundai incentive (could be a risk)? What was the incentive last year for new '06 Elantras?

Maybe the dealer knows the next incentive may be better than the $1K so he's pushing hard today. Then, again, maybe not. What would you do?

He quoted me a SE with AT and Premium Package (sunroof, heated seats) for $16,350 +TTL. That's including all the rebates. Is that good? I'm here in Minnesota.
Thanks!

S

Old 04-02-2007, 10:36 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Rebate '07 Elantra and price help!

If you feel comfortable with the deal, go for it. But don't let the calendar drive your deal. If the deal isn't there, it will be there on another car or at another dealer.

I say that, and I waited too long and missed out on some rebate money back in 05. But it was actually worth it to me to take a little extra time and make sure I was really getting what I wanted. You may want to go to http://www.edmunds.comand then click on the "New Cars", then "Price w/ Options" links. They will include any rebates in their calculations. I plugged in the information for my zip code and got $16,800 (including destination charge). So it looks like you're in the ballpark.