Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

Price of the LX and smell?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 12:25 AM
Default Price of the LX and smell?

Today, I went and drove the 2006 Sonata LX with all the sunroof and leather seats the whole 9 yards! I really love the car, and afters some dealing with the salesman I got a price of $22,800 for the car. Is this a good buy? Or should I shop around some more and try and get a better deal. What are some the other prices that you guys have paid for the LX car?

PS, the only think I did not like about the car was the smell. I know that sounds weird, but it seemed to make a burning smell do they all do that or is that just the way a new Sonata smells? Has anyone else had this problem is it just me? And does the smell go away after you break the car in?

Next up for me is the 2006 camry yota which will I go with I'm not sure, I love the Sonata expect for the smell.

Thanks for your time

Hyundaioryota

Old 02-26-2006, 02:38 PM
Default RE: Price of the LX and smell?

goto here
http://www.hyundai-forums.com/t7791-prices.htm

I wouldn't pay more then $19100 + TTL for a LX with roof

Old 03-02-2006, 08:49 AM

ORIGINAL: hyundaioryota

Today, I went and drove the 2006 Sonata LX with all the sunroof and leather seats the whole 9 yards! I really love the car, and afters some dealing with the salesman I got a price of $22,800 for the car. Is this a good buy? Or should I shop around some more and try and get a better deal. What are some the other prices that you guys have paid for the LX car?

PS, the only think I did not like about the car was the smell. I know that sounds weird, but it seemed to make a burning smell do they all do that or is that just the way a new Sonata smells? Has anyone else had this problem is it just me? And does the smell go away after you break the car in?

Next up for me is the 2006 camry yota which will I go with I'm not sure, I love the Sonata expect for the smell.

Thanks for your time

Hyundaioryota
I noticed something burning on test drive of the 06 sonata but i was beathing the $hit out of the car. my new 06 sonata has 1800 miles and hasnt had any foul smell. i actually like the smell.......anyway I paid $23,709 (before tax) with the 100,000 mile bumper to bumper ($959) and the appearance package (front and back vent shades and wheel well moldings and door edge guards and the pinstripe)

then there were $2000 incentives going on (1/1/2006 - 2/28/2006) but i dont see incentives anymore on their site. i guess none for march.

I'll make a "post your price" post and see what everyone is paying

Old 03-18-2006, 05:18 AM

I feel I got a great deal, but I am sure there is someone out there that got me beat. You test drove the one that I got. In January I picked out the deepwater blue with moonroof and upgraded stereo ( 6 disc changer), beige leather interior for $20650.00. The bigger rims and tires plus the homelink rearview mirror are really nice to have. If you can beat my purchase price, then congratulations and this will give you a start. The dealers still make a lot of money because I believe there are always those that pay the msrp or the so called invoice price and that is why the dealers will make a killing at times.