Hyundai Elantra Touring / i30 The compact wagon / hatchback that has as much cargo space as a Tucson in a car the size of the Elantra sedan.

A couple of issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 03:50 PM

Hyundai! Please fix the rear latch handle "cup"!

Old 12-21-2010, 11:44 AM

Ok, another update. Just returned from the dealer. Initially they had just replaced the cup, even though they had also ordered the panel. I told them that wasn't going to do since they already did that with no success. They then brought the car back in and replaced the hatch door panel too. Let's hope it lasts.

Also, had a great deal of noise coming from the rear. Almost intolerable creaking and rattling, unless the radio was on really loud. They adjusted the rear door stops and the rear striker and the noise is gone! Let's hope that lasts too. Right now very happy with the car again.

-Len

Old 01-27-2011, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by mdingel
Hyundai! Please fix the rear latch handle "cup"!
I've had the same problem with the handle. Just had it in to the dealer who showed me the problem. He said the inside hatch panel clips on and when the right side (viewed with hatch open) pops loose it in turn pops out the handle. He said it's common for people to push the handle back in only for it to come out again because the panel was never snapped back on. He said to get the car into a warm garage, hold the handle in place while working the right side hatch panel to snap back on - then snap the handle back in.

Fingers crossed, I'll see if his fix holds. I'll report back if it fails again.

Old 02-08-2011, 05:24 PM

Well that didn't last. Right side hatch trim popped loose again (1/2 inch proud at the corner), also popping the handle out. Took it back to the dealer today. The advisor looked at the trim and said a clip was broken. He ordered a new trim panel. When that gets installed I'll let you know if it holds and the problem is fixed.

Old 02-15-2011, 05:26 PM

Len,
That creaking noise in the back, I have the same thing and they can not fix it.
I only get it when the body and frame flex. Like going up a steep curb and wheels turning.
Hyundai has a tech coming out to look at it. They had another 2010 ET on the lot and it has the same creaking sound.
Can you let me know if that is the same noise you are talking about.
Thanks,
John

Originally Posted by LenG58
Ok, another update. Just returned from the dealer. Initially they had just replaced the cup, even though they had also ordered the panel. I told them that wasn't going to do since they already did that with no success. They then brought the car back in and replaced the hatch door panel too. Let's hope it lasts.

Also, had a great deal of noise coming from the rear. Almost intolerable creaking and rattling, unless the radio was on really loud. They adjusted the rear door stops and the rear striker and the noise is gone! Let's hope that lasts too. Right now very happy with the car again.

-Len

Old 02-16-2011, 06:20 AM

Hello Joan,

I don't think we are talking about the same thing. Mine was creaking at all times, unless you were driving on a very smooth surface. Every little bump and dip in the road would trigger it. Ever since the adjustments were made to the hatch door stops and striker, the noise has stopped and is gone completely.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:54 AM
Default What is normal?

I get a creaking when this happens. (Caveat: This is the first new car I've had in 20 years.) I would assume that when you are placing the weight of the car on what is basically 2 opposite wheels it is going to strain some metal and joints, which will make some noise. Anybody agree/disagree?
Mike

Originally Posted by 2010ET
Len,
That creaking noise in the back, I have the same thing and they can not fix it.
I only get it when the body and frame flex. Like going up a steep curb and wheels turning.
Hyundai has a tech coming out to look at it. They had another 2010 ET on the lot and it has the same creaking sound.
Can you let me know if that is the same noise you are talking about.
Thanks,
John

Old 02-19-2011, 09:50 AM
Default creaks rattles and clunks

So i have an appt with service this tuesday. they will check the hatch noise again, clunking in the suspension, noises in cargo area, squeaking brakes, and engine noise over the am and sattelite area, as well as sunroof headliner noise!!

2010 touring sport(SE)

Old 02-20-2011, 08:54 AM

Well Hello all,
Ive got! We've got a sound coming from the string wheel like it is rubing some where ?
& the same noise at the back like the hatch is loose?
we are due for our 3000 mile oil change & hope to get the problems fixed then
(Still wear my leg Blanket!!) it is so hot coming in the front glass : (
No fix for this problem!! & I know the bata engines are load to,
Ron

Last edited by Rontier; 02-20-2011 at 08:58 AM.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:06 PM
Default Steering wheel squeak

I have a squeaking coming from under the steering wheel too! Driving me nuts. Dealer tech was not able to reproduce when he test drove it. I found I could reproduce the squeak when adjusting the steering column position or just trying to move the steering wheel up and down while locked. I will have them look at it next time I am in.

Quick Reply: A couple of issues