Hyundai Elantra Touring / i30 The compact wagon / hatchback that has as much cargo space as a Tucson in a car the size of the Elantra sedan.

Dealer issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 09:57 AM
Angry Dealer issues

Hello Guys

I purpased my ET GLS 2 weeks ago and a part the fact that my trunk is a swimpool when it's raining I my quite happy with my car but I won't say the same for my dealer.
They charged me additional insurance for windshield, tire and other thing when I told them that I did not wanted.
The charged me 500$ for 4 snow tires when the parts guys at the dealer told me that they are 390$ for the 4 tires....
And worst original price for ET GLS 20999CAD$ on the invoice 23093CAD$.
I am a nice guy but.......:

Fortunatly I will bring my car to solve the swiming pool issue.... I am eager to solve this financial issue....

Stef

Old 10-29-2010, 06:43 PM
tub

what dealer name?

Old 10-30-2010, 05:20 AM

Ok I went to my dealer last wednesday to bring my swiming pool mobil.
We talked about the invoice, they explained me that because the invoice/contract doesn't have enough lines they had to merge some price accessories and this create the result like gas at 321$.
I asked why do you not provide a detail invoice, answer... a detailed invoice may confuse the customer ????? hey we are stupid.
So they put me lock on my wheels and explained me that it was for my own security..... I didn't ask for it but they charged me.
At the end they gave me a free year of maintenance.... yes because of the maintenance every 3000 kms.....euh who change his oil every 3000 kms????

I complained also because the indoor glass were duty when I took the car, they cleaned them, I complained because the back of the rear seat was duty they said we will clean it this is still duty.
Regarding the swiming pool it took them 2 days to find the problem.... it seems that a seal on the top of the hatch was imporperly done, yeah I showed them the seal with the missing part. Yesterday when I took my car it was duty, they did not even took that time to wash it.
I had 3 Honda in the past and trust me I had never, never had any issues with the dealer at Honda, my car was always clean when I took it from any maintenance.

So, so far I am not impressed with my dealer «Huyndai Saint Jean sur Richelieu».
Ah and the good one!
I ask to include snow tires... they gave me Snow Lion tires so I asked 4 snow Lion at 500$ ???? do you think this is not too expensive for Chinese tires? Answer: Oh this is a mistake we are sorry we will change that....

I really hope that the fixed the water issue.
Cheers guys and drive safely and don't forget cyclists have also the rigth to use the road.
Stef

Old 10-30-2010, 06:16 AM

Best of luck!
Dealers can be the down fall after you drive off the lot,
I've had to use the lemon law one time on a 1998 S10 truck, that was a hard deal to prove! & a lot of paper work..

Old 10-31-2010, 05:53 AM

So yesterday morning it was frozing cold 2C but I washed my car it was too duty and I checked the car more carefully.
so :
1) back seat od rear seat duty
2) NEW floor in the trunk duty
3) roof at the entry of the hacth have now a nice finger print of a technicien
4) winter tire wasn't the proper one
5) I am checking the water and I noticed some, I hope this is what was left, it rained and snowed last night I am eager to check

I am supposed to received a survey from huyndai.....I will do it so gladly..

Old 10-31-2010, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Stef_n
So yesterday morning it was frozing cold 2C but I washed my car it was too duty and I checked the car more carefully.
so :
1) back seat od rear seat duty
2) NEW floor in the trunk duty
3) roof at the entry of the hacth have now a nice finger print of a technicien
4) winter tire wasn't the proper one
5) I am checking the water and I noticed some, I hope this is what was left, it rained and snowed last night I am eager to check

I am supposed to received a survey from huyndai.....I will do it so gladly..

I hear a lot about these surveys, but besides one for an oil change, I have not seen any. Not one for buying the car, nor for two trips back to the dealer for warranty issues.

Old 11-01-2010, 06:44 AM

If I did not received any survey I will contact them.

Old 11-01-2010, 01:35 PM
tub

my touring is my second hundai and no problem whit both ca you are realy not lucky and you have a bad dealer

if you need
Contact Us

What can we do for you?

Hyundai Auto Canada Corp.

75 Frontenac Drive
Markham, Ontario
L3R 6H2
Customer Relations

By Telephone

Monday – Friday / 8:00 - 6:00 EST
English: 1-800-461-8242
French: 1-800-461-5695
By Email

cr@hyundaicanada.com

Old 11-02-2010, 05:48 AM

Thanks Tub!
I will contact them they have French number, cool.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:13 PM
tub

Originally Posted by Stef_n
Thanks Tub!
I will contact them they have French number, cool.
ya pas de probleme c tjrs platte quand un dealer fait pas sa job comme il faut

Quick Reply: Dealer issues