Hyundai Elantra Touring / i30 The compact wagon / hatchback that has as much cargo space as a Tucson in a car the size of the Elantra sedan.

Eps

Old 01-24-2012, 07:17 PM
Question Eps

Hey what's up just wanted to see if this has happened to anyone else I have a 2010 elantra touring SE was on my way home from work and my power stearing went out just like that the EPS light came on and of course the ESC but all the way home no power stearing and it sucked it was so Dang hard to make a turn but when I got home turned off the car waited a few min and restarted it and it was ok so has this happened to anyone else taking it by the dealer in a few days they want to scan it to see if anything comes up all let u all know what they say, Seeya
KDRC

Last edited by snow; 01-24-2012 at 07:20 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:30 PM

Glad you didn't get into an accident. Been seeing quite a few posts in different models about these things failing in other Hyundai forums. One reason why I stayed away from the 2011 Corolla is because the EPS felt so "numb" and was surprised at how well the Hyundai handled with it. I'm not sure how Hyundai compares to other makes with EPS failures. Please let us know the outcome. Hope it's not another "no fault found".

Last edited by Omnitech; 01-25-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:53 PM

What's up, so went to Hyundai today they scanned my Elanta Touring SE and the EPS code did come up and that's why my power steering was going out while I was driving. There was a code to replace the old one from the manufacture, so they put the new code in and re-scanned it and I was ready to go.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:56 PM

I had the exact same problem today with my Hyundai Touring 2010. Esc light went on on the odometer, and the "esc off" stayed lit on the other side of the dash. I lost power steering. Later in the evening I had to return home and the car worked as normal. Crazy???

Old 03-28-2012, 11:07 PM
Default EPS Power steering Failure

Correction on my report. The EPS light came on along with the ESC light and I lost power assist steering. Later in the evening when I started the car, it worked normally. Will call the dealer tomorrow.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:54 PM
Smile Eps

Yes took mine to the dealer the second time and they put a new code in The computer and re-set it and it worked ok for about 3 weeks and it happened again, so took it back they made a few calls and Hyundai corp said the only thing it could be is a bad steering module in the steering colum, they also said that there has been a few re-calls on the touring 2010 modle with the EPS issue, so if your dealer try's a new code it may or may not work,but if not thats what it is a bad module in the steering colum, they had my touring for only 2 days and its been no problem since then.

Last edited by snow; 04-03-2012 at 07:57 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:51 AM

Thanks for the update. Mine is in the shop right now for the same problem...intermittent loss of power steering. Hopefully a software update will dio the trick.