Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/)
-   Hyundai Elantra Touring / i30 (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-elantra-touring-i30-45/)
-   -   ESC Going off (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-elantra-touring-i30-45/esc-going-off-11046/)

DrDemento 06-18-2011 09:55 AM

ESC Going off

Has anyone had a problem with the ESC going off. I tried to push the button, but it would not go back on. When I turned the engine off then back on it was okay.
Seems to be happening often.
Help!
2009 Touring.

touring10 06-19-2011 10:34 AM

Have not had a problem. Is it possible that the switch is bad, or maybe a loose connection?

NovaResource 06-19-2011 12:10 PM

There is a recall on the brake light switch where one of the symptoms is what you are describing. However, the Touring is not on the recall list. But the problem could be the same. Does your cruise control still work when the light is on?

tub 06-21-2011 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by NovaResource (Post 37977)
There is a recall on the brake light switch where one of the sysptoms is whet you are describing. However, the Touring is no on the recall list. But the problem could be the same. Does your cruise control still work when the light is on?

no cruise on touring in usa

one of my friend have got similar porblem on santa fee and dealer have change a switch on brake pedal i also know if you have electric power problem like bad alternator some computor in car will be turn off to keep power for more important computeur

NovaResource 06-21-2011 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by tub (Post 38016)
no cruise on touring in usa

What are you talking about? Cruise is available on the Touring in the US:
Hyundai Motors Elantra Touring Pricing

Originally Posted by tub (Post 38016)
one of my friend have got similar porblem on santa fee and dealer have change a switch on brake pedal

Which is exacly what I said above:

Originally Posted by NovaResource (Post 37977)
There is a recall on the brake light switch where one of the symptoms is what you are describing. However, the Touring is not on the recall list. But the problem could be the same.

DrDemento 06-22-2011 06:38 AM

I will check next time to see if the cruise will work.
Yes, I have cruise control on my Touring.

tub 06-22-2011 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by DrDemento (Post 38026)
I will check next time to see if the cruise will work.
Yes, I have cruise control on my Touring.

k i have see a post about no cruise on touring in usa is good if hyundai decide to add cruise on touring

touring10 06-22-2011 12:44 PM

Funny thing happened to me today. I came home after a 250 mile trip and when I pulled into my garage, the ESC light was on and would not shut off.

I've been reading on different Hyundai sights and with some of there other models they have the same problem and the dealership changes the brake switch assembly, apparently it is a common problem.

DrDemento 06-23-2011 08:22 AM

Thanks for the info. The Cruise control worked fine when this happened.

dullgeek 06-23-2011 12:25 PM

This happens to me from time to time, too. Usually after I've taken a corner a bit more aggressively than I should have, or I've hit the breaks pretty hard. The only solution I've discovered is to turn the car off then on.

N.B. I have a 2009 Elantra Touring 5-speed.