Hyundai Elantra Touring / i30 The compact wagon / hatchback that has as much cargo space as a Tucson in a car the size of the Elantra sedan.

Hello all...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 09:27 AM
Default Hello all...

Bought a new 09 vivid blue ET last month...car seems to be well assembled.

However, it either is out of alignment or is ridiculously sensitive to road crowning. It doesnt seem to pull as hard to the left if the crowning is in that direction. Any one else have/had this problem?

also, anyone experience odd engine noises/vibration just above idle? Its a very narrow window and away about 1500 rpm.

Thanks!

Old 06-12-2010, 11:16 AM

automatic or manual?
Several members have opined about "alignment" issues. The first threat on page #2 has some information regarding alignment. Go to page #2 and check it out. I do not notice it on my new 2010 GLS with PP#2.

Old 06-13-2010, 02:56 PM

Hello,

I am new to this forum as well. My '10 ET SE Manual has experienced issues with pulling to the right. I took the car in about a week after I got it and had the dealer check the alignment. They found excessive toe-in on the front and it seems to improve the car a bit. I still noticed it being pretty sensitive to cross-winds and road crown. Where I live, they are widening the road outside of my neighborhood and currently have all of the traffic on the left side of the road, so I have noticed the car pulling to the left there. Everywhere else, it pulls pretty hard to the right.

Interestingly enough, I rotated my tired for the first time and the car pulls much less than it did before. I am wondering if the stock Kumhos are contributing to this. It looks like a trip to the dealer is in store for me.

Old 06-14-2010, 07:43 PM
Default one other thing

I forgot add this to my other post...

When the accessories are on AC/ headlights/wipers...all slow down/ dim while at idle...then speed up/brighten when moving.

Voltage regulator? Alt/battery? This shouldnt be happening...and if the voltage does dip from initial turning on of the accessories, its recovers fast. At least thats been my experience in every car Ive owned( and thats a lot of cars). In fact, I just tested this out in my wifes aveo...no loss of voltage to accessories at idle

Note- the car was on the lot for a long time( a year) and had only 58 miles when I firs test drove it. It needed a jump whn I drove it the first time...and wonder how many times the batter went dead from it sitting there. Its an auto tranny, btw.

Thanks!