Hyundai Elantra Touring / i30 The compact wagon / hatchback that has as much cargo space as a Tucson in a car the size of the Elantra sedan.

Hyundai Marketing?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 06:30 PM
Default Hyundai Marketing?

I have had my Touring for a few months now and I absolutely love this little car. I live in the middle Georgia area and have only seen 2 other ET's other than mine. I have never seen a advertisement for this car. Is Hyundai marketing this little jewel in a positive manner? It seems with the gas crunch going on and with the competition between the companies for a share of the small care market that Hyundai would be pushing the ET a lot more. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Old 06-03-2010, 06:36 PM

I could not agree more. I felt the same way with GM and the Malibu Maxx. That was the most versatile car on the road with an incredibly fuel efficient pushrod engine that nobody ever heard about. In the case of the ET, it amazes me that these companies even build a wagon any more. All it does is eat into their precious SUV sales. Take Honda for instance; Honda still makes an Accord wagon, but won't send it to the US because it would damage its CRV and Pilot profit gouging. I'm betting with Hyundai's full SUV lineup, it is the same with the ET. You are not likely to see an ET commercial in the US when there are Americans who insist on driving 15 mpg vehicles with only one person in the car 90% of the time.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:39 PM

I went to my local dealer thinking i would purchase a Santa Fe. I had test driven the SF, and was sitting in the showroom when i spotted the Touring. Took a look at it and immediately decided it was the car for me. I don't think i ever saw one on the road, nor have i ever seen a TV commercial for the car.
I agree that if it was better known, it would impact the larger Hyundai SUV vehicle sales.

I have had my Silver ET SE for about a week now, getting 31+ mpg highway and love the car. So far it really is an unadvertised jewel.

Old 06-12-2010, 04:10 PM

I'm on the bandwagon as well. I don't think Hyundai knows what a hit it has with this car in the US. I mentally compare my 2010 AT with my sister's loaded Ford Escape, and I choose my car every time. I love that it sits lower to the ground; I can use the roof rails without having to climb a ladder. My mileage is around 29 mpg, but you have to figure in AC drag as I live in a very hot climate. I've had mine for over 5 months now, and I have only seen two others on the road. Wake up, Hyundai!

Old 08-02-2010, 05:24 PM
Default Just got my Touring GLS

Just got my touring GLS on the last day of July, Grey with black interior and popular options package..didn't care for the sunroof or heated seats (especially with cloth seats), so it was really only the alloys I missed out on (I think) which I'll put on at my first tire change.

Only 80 miles so far, and hopefully a lot of pleasant driving ahead.

Certainly a lot of car (and warranty) for the money a "well kept secret" by Hyundai.

BTW - Really enjoying the info on the forums.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:01 PM
Banned
Default There are several i30/ET commercials

When I bought my car I went to YouTube and found several commercials for the i30 and ET. The best part is that all of them are marketed for different regions.

The American version is lame. The European version makes it like we bought a BMW M series, and the Korean version feels like we bought a car with Hello Kitty stickers on it.

LOVE IT!!!