Hyundai Elantra Touring / i30 The compact wagon / hatchback that has as much cargo space as a Tucson in a car the size of the Elantra sedan.

P-bass, no P-bass; Ashtray, no Ashtray...

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 04:41 PM
Question P-bass, no P-bass; Ashtray, no Ashtray...

2010 ET GLS with Preferred Package and Bluetooth. I have read that some ET have a P-bass setting on their radio. Even the car's manual shows a P-bass setting after the Temp(erature) setting. Does anyone know why mine does not have this bass altering setting on the radio? Does anyone know why H decided to discontinue the ashtray and cig lighter? I have read that the lighter was replaced with a second power outlet up front. What replaced the small space that was the ashtray? We use ours to hold coins.

I was going nuts today trying to find an oil filter cup to take off the oil filter. Nothing seems to fit from the auto parts store. My local Hyundai dealer would not sell me a tool. Finally I found a $2 adjustable oil filter wrench at the "Dollar" store . It adjusts the size by a screw and bolt, and moves a plastic clamp up and down to hold the filter into place. I noticed that the factory installed oil filter is on VERY tightly. I loosened it up a bit just to make sure my new wrench worked and to hand tighted it back on. Funny; the factory was very good about not over tightening the lug nuts on the wheels, but did a gorilla grip on the oil filter

Old 05-09-2010, 07:05 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Caretaker
2010 ET GLS with Preferred Package and Bluetooth. I have read that some ET have a P-bass setting on their radio. Even the car's manual shows a P-bass setting after the Temp(erature) setting. Does anyone know why mine does not have this bass altering setting on the radio?
There are 4 different head units for the Touring. SA710, PA710, PA760, PA710S and PA760S. Not all of those units have that feature. I'll go out on a limb here and say the head unit in your Touring probably isn't the one that has that feature.

Originally Posted by Caretaker
Does anyone know why H decided to discontinue the ashtray and cig lighter? I have read that the lighter was replaced with a second power outlet up front. What replaced the small space that was the ashtray? We use ours to hold coins.
My guess is because you have a GLS and not a Limited. If you look in your owners manual on page 4-89, you will see that both the lighter and ashtray are listed as (if equipped). So I'm going to assume your base GLS is not equipped with the lighter or ashtray.

Last edited by NovaResource; 05-10-2010 at 10:26 AM.