Hyundai Elantra Touring / i30 The compact wagon / hatchback that has as much cargo space as a Tucson in a car the size of the Elantra sedan.

Touring recall for noisy front end

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 05:19 PM
lon
Default Touring recall for noisy front end

Hyundia touring has recall for noisy front end. Fix was to lube "whatever" was done to my touring today.. You might want to check with your dealer.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:07 PM

Can you please refer to the invoice you should have received when you picked up your car and post the contents of the concern, cause, and remedy as entered on your receipt...

Hyundai will not pay a claim for "lube whatever"...

Old 09-23-2010, 10:54 AM
lon
Default front strut noise

Will the key factors are I think are Claim type CPN, Cause:CPN 00C53a1 Fd Front Strut Noise (10-01-030), 6941 WHY. I think thats the major points. I was told about this at the dealer when I was having another matter fixed. Hope this helps I would try calling service department first. There was N/C (sealed front strut boots)

Old 09-23-2010, 11:27 AM

I have been having noise come from the front end of my new ET. The noise is intermittent. It usually develops after driving on a winding road and then the front end makes groaning noises for the rest of the day. I do not drive aggressively, but several roads I frequent here in the mountains are steep with alternating switchbacks that I take about 35 mph. The noise is comparable to the groaning noises my 2001 Ford Focus Wagon made after 100,000 miles. I was told the Focus needed new struts.

I dropped off my Elantra Touring for its first oil change today and talked to the service manager about the problem, but told him that the car was "quiet" at the time. We made an appointment for next week to look into the front end issue, but I went ahead with the oil change. When I got in the car after the oil change, the noise was immediately evident (caused perhaps by a couple trips up and down the lift with the suspension hanging free), so I went back and the service manage had one of the techs go for a ride with me.

Per my tech, there is NOT a recall in place for the Elantra Touring, but there is one for the four-door Elantra. The front ends on the ET and 4-door are identical, so he made the recall repair as called for on the 4-door. Per the tech, this involves gluing the upper strut boot to the metal plate that the strut attaches.

So far today, the car has been quiet, but the dealer is holding my appointment for next week if the sounds return.

Look for an update next week.

Last edited by ArchtopBill; 09-23-2010 at 02:42 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:40 PM
Banned

I took my car in for a squeaking front end. They changed the bushings around the struts. Didn't do a single thing to help.

Drove a few weeks and a notice a clanking noise and I heard something fall from the bottom of my car. I stopped found a 4.5" bolt in the road.

I took it in with my next appt. It belonged to my transmission. They reinstalled the bolt, tightened other bolts and it has been silent since.

Old 09-23-2010, 06:55 PM

I had a noise which could only be described as a wooden ship groaning on the water. I was able to recreate the noise by either pushing down on the top of the drivers side fender near the windshield or by going over a small bump in the road 1 wheel at a time.

The dealer kept my car for 4 days. They lubed the front end, changed the strut, changed the sway bar bushings but the only thing that seemed to work was they changed the spring and so far the noise is gone.

Old 09-23-2010, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by touring10
I had a noise which could only be described as a wooden ship groaning on the water. I was able to recreate the noise by either pushing down on the top of the drivers side fender near the windshield or by going over a small bump in the road 1 wheel at a time.

The dealer kept my car for 4 days. They lubed the front end, changed the strut, changed the sway bar bushings but the only thing that seemed to work was they changed the spring and so far the noise is gone.
The "wooden ship in the water" is an excellent description of the sound my ET was making. It only took the tech fifteen minutes to glue the boot in place and so far, no groaning sounds. Hopefully, this was a quick fix.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:41 AM

Any one bought the extended 5 year warranty ??
as with the Fit, things didnot show up until the 3 year W, was gone!
but I had got the 100.000 mile extended W, and all was covered.

Old 09-24-2010, 03:19 PM

mine came with 5 yrs, 100 000 km, extended it to 7 yrs 140km(canada) only had my touring sport(se) for 2 weeks but i love it!!

Old 09-25-2010, 06:00 AM

Good stuff...my 09 does the same thing. I thought I was imagining things.

Quick Reply: Touring recall for noisy front end