2011 Santa Fe Electrical Issues - Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with HF? Ask! Have a suggestion to better HF? Tell us here..

Old 10-30-2017, 04:08 AM

Question 2011 Santa Fe Electrical Issues

I was driving my 2011 Santa Fe with the V6 motor at normal highway speed when suddenly the ABS and slippery warning lights came on (temp was right around freezing so I thought it possible but still curious). Within about 1 min all my instrument lights went off. I put it into neutral and coasted to a stop. The engine seemed to be running normally but there was no power. I tried to turned the ignition all the way off but it would only go to the second last slot before all off (the transmission was in neutral so that might have been the cause) the engine did switch off. I immediately tried to start it but only faint clicking from the starter. I towed it about 15 miles home and parked it at the nearby repair shop. While towing the clock was still on showing the accurate time however it went out by the time I got home. I finally was able to get the key out of the ignition but there was no power to power lock the doors. The running lights stayed on as I left and I am sure the battery will be dead in the morning. What would you suggest is the issue (ie a friend computer module) and a probable $ replacement cost.
Old 10-30-2017, 10:12 PM

Low voltage on the battery can cause all sorts of weird problems
First check all fuses and relays
Then check battery and alternator
Restore what can be .. back to normal and then start troubleshooting

Good luck
Old 10-31-2017, 12:14 AM

Thumbs up Thanks

I have narrowed it tentatively down to the alternator, will change that out and then update this thread for future reference. Thanks for the step by step advice

Saskman 2017
Old 10-31-2017, 07:35 PM

Thanks for the update