Go Back  Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums > Other > Hyundai Forum Help & Suggestion Center
Reload this Page >

2015 Hyundai Sonata Issue - Issues will acceleration/lurching on break release - P001

Hyundai Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with HF? Ask! Have a suggestion to better HF? Tell us here..

2015 Hyundai Sonata Issue - Issues will acceleration/lurching on break release - P001

Old 06-27-2019, 08:16 AM
Exclamation 2015 Hyundai Sonata Issue - Issues will acceleration/lurching on break release - P001

I have a 2015 Hyundai Sonata and am currently getting codes P0010 and P0011. I've taken out the camshaft position actuator solenoid, cleaned it and put power to it and it seemed to be functioning, although in truth I don't know what the proper function of the solenoid looks like. It appeared to move the full length of the side holes, and shot oil out, I'm not sure if that means it's functioning or not.

The car is having trouble accelerating at times, lurches forward when the break is released and the check engine light is on constantly.

I have seen some indication that this may mean that the camshaft position actuator sensor may be faulty, but have been unable to accurately identify which sensor is the intake, and which is the exhaust; how to test the sensor once it's located has also been difficult information to confirm would apply to my vehicle.

Any help would be appreciated.