Hyundai Getz Offering a sportier look than the Atos, the Getz preserves the economy of the sub compact market in both the 2 and 4 door models.

Car starts after 2nd or 3rd try

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 11:27 PM
Question Car starts after 2nd or 3rd try

Hello everyone reading this.

My car is less than 2 years old and has been more trouble than my last car (which was 18 years old). The latest thing to go wrong with it, is that it starts on the second or third try. On Friday morning, I had just paid for petrol (the car had not run out, I was just getting more) and tried to start it. I thought, that it might start on the second try, at least. After it did not start on the second try (as it had a few times before), I waited a few minutes then tried again. It started the third time.

I live in the country, miles from the dealership (who have been less than helpful), I have health problems, a small child and no babysitting. I just want to know what is wrong with it, so I know what to fix. I have worked on 70's and 80's cars, so I do know how to use tools and work on cars.

I have asked around, but no one will give even a hint. But I'm sure later they'll say "I knew that, why didn't you ask me?"...

Is it the EFI? Is it the immobiliser being annoying (again)? Is it the starter? Is the starter solenoid? I just want a second opinion. The battery is fine. The engine is fine.

Cheers
BW

Old 12-27-2009, 12:05 PM
Default Car starts after 2nd or 3rd try

hello. Car Insurance is possible after 17 years but its registration should be changed and the car will be checked by engineers and satisfied by no objection certificated or can be used full guarantee.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:10 PM

hey mate around the ignition barrell there is an ignition antenna it is more than likely that to be the cause of your problem it is easy to get to take the plastic shroud from around steering column then it'll be screwed around the ignition barrell

Old 01-21-2010, 03:40 AM

Thanks for you answer... so far it has stopped doing what it was doing (or not doing). Which is, of course, what happens when you ask, then it stops. I will keep that in mind though, in case it starts doing that again.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:43 PM

with the way you are describing your problem i'm certain it's the ignition antenna causing your problem this is a common problem for this model car unfortunately