Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

01 Santa fe Trans/Clutch/hesitation Issues!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 01:03 PM
Default 01 Santa fe Trans/Clutch/hesitation Issues!!

I would appreciate any help please!!! Issue #1..I recently purchased a 01 Santa Fe 4cyl engine with manual transmission. It seems like the shifting sticks sometimes or that you have to pop it out of gear, then it goes fine into the next gear. It is almost like the clutch is not engaging and you are popping it out of gear to shift, or having to force it out. While in low RPM the shifting is fine, but if there is any strain such as high RPM or heavy braking it sticks or is a little hard to shift. Alot of the time it shifts fine, but then all of a sudden it sticks. Is it the clutch, transmission, linkage??? Anyone know if there where any recalls since I know there are a few others out there with the same problem. The car has 79k miles, would this be covered uunder any general Hyundai warranty since I purchased it from a private owner. Issue # 2, out of nowhere it will have a slight hesitation. Most of the time it happens while going from 2nd to 3rd or 3rd to 4th, only a half second hesitation, but it is annoying. I thought maybe it was the gas, but in the gas additive, no help...thanks and I appreciate any help!!!..heck, while I am at it, the gas peddle is sticky, can I just spray some WD40????