Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

09 santa fe se windshield problem..

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 08:41 AM
Default 09 santa fe se windshield problem..

feel like charlie brown... always seem to have a black cloud following me..
my santa fe se, 2009, has had a problem now for more than a year... and it's a goofy one at best...
when the left wiper, on it's return stroke, always leaves a streak in the middle of the windshield... now, i've had original hyundai replacement blades, bosch, rain x, all expensive, and all have the same effect.... hate throwin' money around like this...
just went to my local hyundai dealer (purchased from), had an oil change and replacement of right rear light assembly (condensation forming inside, replaced without incident)... also had new wiper blades installed... did not mention this chronic condition.. just wanted to see what transpired... well, within 3 days, back comes this streaking problem.... only on the left wiper, though.. the right has not been an issue..........
i hate having this issue as it creates a visual blur directly in front of my eyes...
i hate to think i'm the only santa fe 09 owner with this problem... i'm guessing the glass itself may be imperfect... minute imperfections... glass is not uniformly perfect in all cases..
btw... i use prestone windshield glass cleaner solution.. does not have any additives like rainx.....
i have never, in all my years, had a problem like this....
dave m.....