Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

2007 Santa Fe

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 09:21 PM
Default 2007 Santa Fe

Hi.. is this where I post about a problem I'm having with my Santa Fe and there is a discussion about what the problem may be?

So last Weds my seat belt light and battery light started flashing. Told my Dad about it who said he'd take it in (he works where I got it) but never did. Saturday night every light on the dash imaginable starting flashing and the car started to die. I parked it and it kept running, but acting funny. I tried to get a little further but it had very little power getting up a small hill so I parked it again. My dad showed up and tightened the battery cable and I was now able to rev the engine, just the oil change light stayed on. By then the tow truck was on the way and I told him he could probably drive it onto flatbed which he did. Garage said it was just a 'sensor' and I picked it up today at noon.

An hour later the same thing. this time much more dangerous situation. I pulled it off the road (my mom was w me this time) into a college entrance that was up a slight hill.. everything shut down. I was tryting to get it into park but only made it as far as neutral. EVERYTHING locked.. no brakes, nothing. I put my e-brake on immiediately. Key was off, but couldnt turn it it to get it out, but was in OFF. In neutral. Made some phone calls. Then I made the mistake of pressing the e brake and it CAME OFF AND WOULD NOT GO BACK DOWN. I had to hold it as hard as I could to not roll backward into traffic. Wheels were straight so there was no turning into curb or ditch if ebake let go. Gets worse but anyway tow truck showed up.

They are now waying altenator. That it WAS the sensor Saturday but NOW MOnday its the alternator (ive ahd the car back about an hour). Because of the WAY (not the fact) that this car broke down, I dont think I'll ever trust it again. I think they should replace the battery as well at the least just to be sure. While I could not restart the car, the tow truck driver was able to boost the car and drive it at the lot.

What do you all think?

Last edited by NovaResource; 12-20-2010 at 09:36 PM.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:37 AM
Super Moderator

Sounds like whoever is working on it isn't a very good mechanic. However, I would get the battery and cables checked first, then check the alternator.