Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

2007 Santa Fe Infinity stereo hissing and Map light issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 12:57 AM
Default 2007 Santa Fe Infinity stereo hissing and Map light issue

All,

I have had two issues I am attempting to chase down and have seen many post about these issues on all the different forums.

I drive a 07 Sante Fe Limited with the Infinity 605 watt system plus the rear entertainment and the 3rd row seat.

My issues are
1. Front MAP lights on the 07 to date don't come on when you open the door. This is a real safety issue as my wife and daughter will not drive the vehicle at night
due to the almost non existence of light in the front seats when the vehicle is unlocked or the doors are opened. They can’t see if anybody is hiding in the front seat especially when the sun shade is closed. You get no external light to help. My dome light is about 2 inches behind the 2nd row seat into the cargo compartment. I believe this is because I have the sun roof and the DVD entertainment system. Frankly this is not acceptable and does pose a safety risk to the both of them. See pictures.

2. The infinity stereo has a hissing in the background that is very noticeable at volume levels below 10.

My dealer has been good but these two issues they say are not fixable at this point in time and referred me to the Consumer Affairs number.

During my conversation with Whitney today at HMA CA, the bottom line is we need to push our dealers as well as HMA Consumer affairs to fix these issues. Everyone who is having these problems must report them the dealers and to HMA Consumer affairs. It’s not good enough to share our stories in the forums. I have include in my case these different forum communications and issues but we must all open separate cases and complaints.

Volume of complaints will get both of these issues resolved. They told me once they get enough information and complaints and they are ready, the ones who have contacted and complained will be notified via a campaign letter.

PLEASE report the problems to your dealer and HMA CA.

Below are the instructions for HMA CA.

- First have your VIN number with you.
- Call HMA Consumer Affairs @ 800-633-5151
- @ first prompt say "Consumer Affairs"
- @ Second prompt say "representative"

You'll now get a human case manager. Inform them of the above mentioned issues and that it's not acceptable.

Together we can drive this change.

Thanks,
Bob

Old 04-10-2007, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 2007 Santa Fe Infinity stereo hissing and Map light issue

If you have a dome light that comes on when the doors open, there is a simple mod (if you can use a soldering iron) that can be done to make the map lights come on with the dome light. Here are directions for doing this on an Elantra: http://www.elantragtclub.com/elantra/id502.html. It's likely the Santa Fe is similar. If you haven't been over to http://www.santafeforum.net/, you should check them out; they seem to be the best Santa Fe resource I've seen. There is a user named TwoSpirits who is, by himself, a great resource, although I think his Santa Fe is the previous generation.

Old 04-10-2007, 11:26 PM

I too have the 07 Santa Fe limited with the Infinity 605 watt system plus the rear entertainment system. The dome light thing upsets me greatly. My 98 jeep map lights come on when the dome light comes on (1998!). I took the Santa Fe to the dealer for the first time after purchasing it new and requested it be programmed to come on. I was told that is not an option. My brother bought an 07 Entourage and his map lights come on when the door is opened. Oddly enough we both wanted the rolling lock option programmed (doors lock when you reach 10mph)and the Santa Fe can be programmed for that but the Entourage can't. I would have thought the computer and electrical systems would be very similar on all 07 models.
Its cool to hear I'm not he only one who noticed that. I will be calling the HMA CA first thng inthe morning. Thanks for the information.

Old 04-11-2007, 12:44 AM
Super Moderator

A couple of wires with inline diodes and voila! Map lights on with dome light. Less than $5 for parts- some wire and a pack of diodes from Radio Shack.