Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

2007 Santa Fe ... horns not working

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 04:47 PM
Question 2007 Santa Fe ... horns not working

The horn(s) in our vehicle stopped working recently. I understand there are three horns in the Santa Fe ... 2 are triggered by the steering wheel, and the third is triggered by the alarm / keyfob. All are silent. I'm thinking it's more likely to be a horn relay / fuse issue than all three horns went out at the same time. Where is the horn relay located, and how can I test it?

Old 03-19-2013, 07:11 AM
Super Moderator

That info is listed in your owners manual. The hor relay is located in the relay and fuse box in the engine compartment. A list of the relays and fuses are printed on the box lid and in the owners manual.

Old 12-28-2014, 08:29 AM

I also have no more horns??? the 15A horn fuse in the "hood" fuse/relay box whas burned. When I replaced it, and tried the horn again, it burned right away!
Any idea if it could be the relay, or just wiring that got too hot and fused together... (I did have a car alarm problem for a while because of the hood sensor, and my car alarm would honk all day at work when I was locking my car...)

Old 01-03-2015, 10:54 AM

Your alarm system likely created the problem leaving it honking. Useless, knowone acknowledges those alarms unless its their own vehicle.

You likely blew the horns and fused together blowing the fuses. Locate and unplug the horn power wire which is connected to them. After doing that, push the horn button. If it does not blow the fuse you've go it (you won't hear anything but you've just activated the relay to power them. You can test with a meter at one of the horn wires if power came on when its being pressed inside. If nothing verify the relay is working. If the contact is fused/burnt together then its on all the time and power will be there as soon as a new fuse is plugged in.

You need to do some trouble shooting.