Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

2014 Santa Fe: Can't figure out some of the buttons

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 06:49 PM
Default 2014 Santa Fe: Can't figure out some of the buttons

I'm using a rented 2014 Santa Fe, and of course there's no Owner's Manual in it, and I'm unable to figure out what some of the buttons do.

One shows a car on a steep hill, facing down (if I remember correctly). I assume this has something to do with some sort of hill-holder feature but what does it do? The car has a six-speed automatic, by the way.

Next, there's a "Cancel" button to the right of the steering mode button, below the cruise control buttons. What does this "Cancel" button do? I experimented, and it didn't seem to have anything to do with the cruise control.
Finally, there are three buttons at the bottom of the rear-view mirror. At the left is a stylized "B" (I guess that's what it's supposed to be), in the center is what looks like the road with a star above it, and at the right is a red phone icon labeled "SOS". Exactly who do these buttons do?

This forum doesn't happen to have a repository of Owner's Manual pdf files, does iit?

Thanks to anyone who can enlighten me!

Attached Thumbnails 2014 Santa Fe: Can't figure out some of the buttons-hyundai-mirror-buttons.jpg   2014 Santa Fe: Can't figure out some of the buttons-cancel-button.jpg  
Old 02-06-2015, 09:31 PM
Super Moderator

The "steep hill" button is probable the Downhill Brake Control (DBC). It assists the driver when descending a steep hill without the driver depressing the brake pedal. It slows the vehicle to under approximately 22 mph (35 km/h) and lets the driver concentrate on steering the vehicle. DBC defaults to the OFF position whenever the ignition is turned on. The DBC can be turned on or off by pushing the button.

The "Cancel" is for the cruise control. It cancels the cruise when set. For example, if you were set to 55-mph and then you tap the brake, the cruise control would disengage. The cancel button does the same thing without tapping the brake. If you were set to 55-mph and tap the cancel button, the cruise control would disengage and the car would slow just as if you didn't have cruise on and took you foot off the accelerator.

The "B" button on the mirror is to activate voice control for Blue Link (think Hyundai's version of GM's OnStar), the second button is for navigation help from Blue Link. The third "SOS" button is for emergency help.

Old 02-06-2015, 11:24 PM
Default That does it!

Thanks. That clears it all up.!