General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Trying to figure out a Hyundai radio

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 09:16 AM
Default Trying to figure out a Hyundai radio

I just bought a used 2003 Sonata. Love it! It appears though that the previous owner did a radio swap and installed a Hyundai 50645P CD player. It's not the greatest sounding radio, but it works. The problem is that the owners manual lists about 4 standard radio models and none are the 50645P. There are buttons on this thing that defy description. I'm not even sure how to set the clock. :-)I believe the radio is actually a Clarion and I suspect that it may have been standard on a 2004 Accent. Can anybody help me find a manual that explains the controls? Thanks in advance for any help offered. [/align]

Old 12-24-2008, 03:34 PM
Default RE: Trying to figure out a Hyundai radio

Any chance you could post a picture of the radio's face?

Is it single or double DIN radio? (IE is it like a typical aftermarket deck or twice as high).

Old 12-24-2008, 04:01 PM
Default RE: Trying to figure out a Hyundai radio

Hi

Just realized I had one of those in my old 2003 Elantra before I pulled it for an aftermarket deck I still have the radio. The Hyundai radio worked fine but didn't have an Aux input.

I believe this radio was only offered in Canadian models because while I was looking for an MP3 to CD-Changer interface cable for it I could never find any reference to it. It is made by Clarion for sure and says so on the back.

I don't have a manual for it but I'll check my wife's car tomorrow or the next and see if her manual mentions it (she still has an 03 elantra). I at least can get you the full model # without you having to pull the deck out. Mine just says 5064 on the front not 5064P

Any special buttons you have questions about? It could also be labelled in French if the original car was sold in Quebec.