Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

2014 SFS 2.0T w/ Infinity Nav, latest map update changes

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 03:27 PM
Post 2014 SFS 2.0T w/ Infinity Nav, latest map update changes

I recently traded in my 2013 SFS 2.0T for a 2014 SFS 2.0T with the Infinity sound / 8" Nav system. I came to realize the map software had never been updated on it. Generally I don't mess with car navigation because the information is always grossly outdated but after a little bit of research I learned that the map updates also updated the UI quite a bit. So I ponied up the $169 and downloaded update NA.10.47.45.521 to my existing SD card. Here's a breakdown of the improvements / changes from the factory installed firmware:
  • The safety disclaimer FINALLY goes away on its own!
  • The UI on the navigation is less cluttered with bigger buttons for more important functions.
  • With no destination set, nav now always shows you what street you're currently on (you'd have to hit a button to show it before and then it would disappear)
  • Nav audio volume can be set in Setup
  • New option to lower all audio volume to 5 when car is put into reverse
  • If fan in climate control is running high, the system will lower the fan automatically when you receive a phone call provided you're using Bluetooth. (I honestly don't know if this happened prior to the update but I only remember experiencing it after I updated)
  • Option to remove inputs from being cycled through while using the Mode button on the steering wheel.
  • Sound overall seems to be a bit punchier like they equalized the system better. I had to lower the bass after I ran the update. It could be me, who knows.

Hopefully this is helpful to some fellow Nav / Infinity owners in deciding whether or not to update and hopefully I didn't miss anything. If you're wondering about the actual navigation and POIs and stuff.... the update is completely abysmal for that. Auto navigation obviously will never compete with Google Maps and Waze but at least there's Apple CarPlay and Android Auto for the future!