Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

2018 Santa Fe Sport handling

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 10:30 AM
Default 2018 Santa Fe Sport handling

I like everything about our new Sport so far except the way it handles on the highway. It seems like the steering is "loose" and I am constantly correcting it to keep going straight. The dealer said they could not detect the issue but they didnt take it on the highway or check the alignment. This is the smallest vehicle that I have ever owned so I dont know if the steering is normal or if I should have it checked by another dealer. How does yours handle on the highway???

Old 06-17-2019, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by GaryM
I like everything about our new Sport so far except the way it handles on the highway. It seems like the steering is "loose" and I am constantly correcting it to keep going straight. The dealer said they could not detect the issue but they didnt take it on the highway or check the alignment. This is the smallest vehicle that I have ever owned so I dont know if the steering is normal or if I should have it checked by another dealer. How does yours handle on the highway???
I noticed my 2018 Santa fe sport awd steering wasn't as tight as my other cars/suvs in the past but I have had it a year now and I'm used to it and only notice it from time to time. I have seen posts in the past where people have had issues with this on other cars/suvs they sell. Try driving other Santa fe sports like yours and see if they are the same and if not go to a different dealer for their thoughts. On a positive note I really like my Santa fe sport!

Old 10-21-2019, 12:49 PM

Ours has the same feel, like you are constantly needing to correct the steering when traveling at highway speeds. Did the dealer figure anything out with yours?

Thanks,

Old 10-25-2019, 05:50 AM

In order of probability:
1. Alignment
2. Tires

If your dealer can't identify the cause. Take it to a local shop with a good reputation and have them do it. A competent one will almost always find the flaw, and fix it.