Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

Crossbars (roof rack) for 2019 Santa Fe Ultimate?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 03:45 PM
Default Crossbars (roof rack) for 2019 Santa Fe Ultimate?

I want to carry a kayak on the roof of a 2019 Santa Fe Ultimate. I am looking for crossbars that fit the flush-mounted rails of a 2019 Santa Fe Ultimate. The instructions for the Hyundai OEM crossbars for the 2019 Santa Fe say that the crossbars are not compatible with the panoramic sunroof! So what options are available for installing crossbars on a 2019 Santa Fe Ultimate?

Thule has crossbars for the 2019 Santa Fe. They are expensive and include this warning: "Thule does not recommend opening, venting, or retracting the sunroof/moonroof/glass roof while the rack is mounted. Damage to the glass and/or opening mechanism can occur."

Old 06-16-2019, 01:55 AM
Unhappy

Originally Posted by ZachE1
I want to carry a kayak on the roof of a 2019 Santa Fe Ultimate. I am looking for crossbars that fit the flush-mounted rails of a 2019 Santa Fe Ultimate. The instructions for the Hyundai OEM crossbars for the 2019 Santa Fe say that the crossbars are not compatible with the panoramic sunroof! So what options are available for installing crossbars on a 2019 Santa Fe Ultimate?

Thule has crossbars for the 2019 Santa Fe. They are expensive and include this warning: "Thule does not recommend opening, venting, or retracting the sunroof/moonroof/glass roof while the rack is mounted. Damage to the glass and/or opening mechanism can occur."
I also want to carry a kayak or two on my 2019 Ultimate and am very annoyed with Hyundai for not having the crossbars available when they sold me the vehicle. I have contacted Hyundai twice regarding this and they just give me a dont know dont care type of answers. Recently, I went into a Hyundai dealership in Irvine, CA and the parts guy told me they expect Hyundai to release cross bars for the Ultimate with panoramic roof in July 2019 and they should be avail in early August. He said the set of two should cost around $250. I am not holding my breath. Probably should have kept my Honda cause when I had that SUV I was able to go kayaking....Now I have no means to transport them.

Old 10-28-2019, 04:16 PM
Default Crossbars now available

Bought my 2019 Ultimate in late July with crossbars mounted. The panoramic roof window is not impacted at all by the crossbars, opens fully, and tilts fully.

Old 11-03-2019, 02:32 PM
Smile Roof Rack Crossbars for 2019 Santa Fe Ultimate

Originally Posted by larry13
Bought my 2019 Ultimate in late July with crossbars mounted. The panoramic roof window is not impacted at all by the crossbars, opens fully, and tilts fully.
I waited a long time for Hyundai to release crossbars for the 2019 Santa Fe Ultimate. As soon as they were available, I purchased them from The Hyundai Shop. They arrived quickly and I installed them with no issues in a few minutes.

They are black with a matte finish which works with the black panoramic roof. They are lockable and they are quiet, even with the roof wide open. There are no issues with the panoramic roof although they seem a little higher then I expected.

I wish I had them earlier but so far I am very pleased with them.