Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

Audio cut out

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 12:09 AM
Default Audio cut out

I'm having an intermittent problem with the stereo. The front left and front right channels cut out sometimes while listening to a CD. Doesn't seem to happen when listening to the radio. Thought it was happening only when I had the volume under 5, but that doesn't seem to be the case. This has happened a few times when the volume has been up to 7. The problem usually corrects itself or if I turn the volume up. It's still under warranty and I'm hoping maybe Hyundai can fix it. I am concerned that the Drive+Play I had installed may have caused the fault and that I may have voided the warranty.
Anybody have a similar problem with audio or any experience dealing with Hyundai on warranty issues of any kind?

Old 12-02-2007, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Audio cut out

Yeah.... you may have done something when you were installing the Drive+Play; if so they won't want to cover it under warranty. But they might; you never know.

One thing to consider is just replacing the headunit to something better.

Old 12-24-2007, 08:22 PM
Default RE: Audio cut out

Update: The FM stereo does actually cut-out in the same fashion as the CD player. Haven't had a chance to tell the dealer yet. Their suggestion for the CD player problem is to run a CD cleaner in the drive. I have. Oh, well. Think I'll take your advise and replace the head unit with something better. Got my eye on a Sony unit with built-in iPod integration.