Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

Confused...

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 08:43 PM
Default Confused...

I recently bought a used 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.7 for my daughter after reading good reviews... after a week the car wont turn over...lights work everything is good....takes several attempts than it turns on...HELP

Old 02-03-2019, 01:51 AM

Please, would like some help from you.
So we are on the same page,
When we are attempting to start the engine , the starter cranks the engine over.
When it finally starts , we say it fires up and runs.
Now what we need to know is, does the engine crank over and the engine does not fire up and start OR does it not crank over at all.
These are two different situations and require a different approach to check out.
Could you help us out and be a little more specific, thanks.

Old 02-03-2019, 02:16 AM
Default Confused

When it runs, it runs with no problem... Once I removed the car and dont start it for several hours it wont start...I put key in the ignition turn it over to start everything lights up, I dont hear anything, like if the transponder not reading the key....I have to move automatic levels from park to drive several time and take the key in and out... After several minutes it starts....

Old 02-03-2019, 08:19 AM

We don't know if you're in a cold weather situation which would account for low power from the battery.
And you are still not clear about whether this is a a crank, no start or a no crank, no start.
Assuming that you don't hear anything, that it is a no crank, no start ...
You should start off by cleaning the battery posts and cable terminals to remove any corrosion even if you don't see any.
Check voltage while not cranking and while cranking
This will help determine if the battery needs to be replaced.

If you come up against this no crank, no start situation again then try tapping the starter with something
You don't want to break the starter motor. Only to see if tapping will get it going again.
Then come back and tell us what is going on.
We can then try other things to figure out what the issue is.