Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

Cooling Fan doesn't come on

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 01:24 PM
Default Cooling Fan doesn't come on

I purchased a used 04 Santa Fe/6 cyl/3.5lthat had some problems initially when I bought it but now seems to run fine. Recently replaced the transmission fluid and had an oil change. Car is at 55,555 miles.

I have not noticed an leakage/spots underneath. AC works.

I live in Las Vegas and have not had it for a full summer so maybe that's the test, but I have not heard the cooling fan come on at all since I've had it. The temp gage has never hit the halfway mark (it is alway just a little below that). I only live 10 minutes from work so maybe there isn't enough time for it to get hot enough to where the fan kicks in. The most extended amount of time I travel is about 30 minutes at a time.

Other cars I've had you could hear the fan working even after the car was turned off. I would be curious to know if I have a fan problem before the summer season comes or is it I just haven't reached the threshold for the fan to kick in?

I am planning on a Trip to NY in the next month and don't want this to be an issue in the middle of Nowhwere.

Another quick question - this is my first SUV and I noticed there seems to be a lots of creaking and crunching when ever I go over a bump or dip/pothole in the road. Is this normal? having only driving modest sized cars, noises like this weren't that noticeable.

Any other suggestions you folks might have for prepping the Santa Fe for a cross country trip would be very helpful.

Thanks!!