Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

Help locating Throttle position sensor 2010 santa fe

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2020, 08:29 PM
Default Help locating Throttle position sensor 2010 santa fe

Hi so I'm new to this forum and I could use some guidance 😅 so I own a 2010 santa fe 3.5 fwd and I cant seem to find the throttle position sensor. I ordered a part on amazon since it was the fastest way for me to get the part and I didn't find a sensor that looked like the one I ordered. I googled and YouTubed and didnt find any diagram. Auto parts I visited couldn't give me any info either. I was already doing work on my vehicle with my father who's a mechanic and we couldn't find anything. If any of you lovely people can help that would be much appreciated! Thats my rant. Thanks for stopping by!

Old 03-09-2020, 03:27 PM

Before providing an answer to your question, I have some reservations that are causing me to ask, "Why are you replacing the sensor"?

What is the problem,and maybe we can save you some problems if it happens that you might be replacing a perfectly good sensor?

This is the place to ask questions on newer vehicles ,we don't know all the answers, but we do try to help and in the process save you some time and $$$.

Old 03-09-2020, 04:04 PM

Hey hank thank for responding. Well well I got my vehicle diagnosed I got codes P0123 and P0222, which when I looked up info on, relate to the throttle position sensor. Now I know the second code also relates to pedal position sensor but pedal and acceleration feel normal. Car still runs and drives. I have an inspection coming up soon so I wanted to fix these things before I go. I've never had any codes in my entirety of my ownership of my vehicle except these recent sensors.

Old 03-10-2020, 04:16 AM

You should consider testing the ground circuit for the TPS and also if one of the pedal position sensors is malfunctioning,the engine will still run, but that is why they use 2 pedal position sensors so you are still able to use the vehicle ,but need to have a problem corrected and it is not always the sensors. The wiring connections also can give problems and you should check all that before possibly replacing good parts. If you do not know how to do this testing , suggest you have a shop that has the equip and knowledge to check out the system.