Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

Help needed with 2013 Santa Fe climate control

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2019, 05:05 PM
Default Help needed with 2013 Santa Fe climate control

Hello everyone, i need some help with my 2013 Santa Fe with automatic climate control. About my problem. Yesterday i started my suv and the hvac fan started blowing air as if it was on the highest setting. Turning it down on the control **** did nothing, turning it off stopped the fan, turn it back on and back to full fan. After a minute or 2 the fan stopped completely and would not come back on. The fan stayed off until i stopped and shut off the suv. When i restarted the suv the same thing fan in high for a few minutes then off completely.

Once i got home i did some playing with it and if i turn the key on slowly and wait a few seconds before starting then the fan will work with the control ****. Could the control panel/display be the problem here? Or am i looking at some electrical gremlins.

I really hope for an easy fix. I like the rig, its comfortable to drive and i find it handles well in snow and heavy rain conditions. Actually loved the rig until my engine blew on March 3rd of this year and it took until July 27th to get it back. With how long it took to get back and the poor service i got from the local dealer i was almost pushed to selling it and getting something else. If i have elec gremlins starting now that i cant easily fix i may just have to get rid of it. I need a reliable car where i work away for 2-3 months at a time on shift and i need a reliable car for my wife and young children while i am gone as it is an hours drive to the closest facilities.

Thanks everyone for your responses