Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

Impressed with Percolator Oil Filters

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 01:11 AM
Default Impressed with Percolator Oil Filters

Alot has been said about the reliability of oil filters, that is... if you choose to use one other than Hyunadi's.
Well, after using the more expensive Hyundai's and the still expensive Fram's, I thought I would try the PUROLATOR made filter for my 2008 Sante Fe Limited.
So far, so good!
I examined this new filter closely. I have a Hyundai factor filter here to compare to and have already used this factory filter and many of Fram's.
Gotta tell ya...This PUROLATOR is one well produced filter and you know what??? It is made in INDIA !
Yea, couldn't believe it myself but on the closest of closest looks it was pound for pound identical to the Korean made factory.
Now, I have no issue with the factory made Hyundai filter except that I have to pay over twice the cost of the PUROLATOR and have to drive out of my way to get it at the dealer as opposed to going right down the street to Pep Boy's.
The O-rings were spot on and that has usually been the complaint from most non-factory filter users. 2 months later, no seepage, no leaks. My last two Fram's had minor seepage coming from the cap, not bad but still seeped.
Well, this is my opinion and my recommendation to you if you can't drive out of your way to the dealer, don't want to pay their prices, don't trust the one's online or you have already had a bad experience with Fram.

Last edited by caiobabe; 09-26-2009 at 09:54 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:40 PM

I prefer to use OEM filters and parts myself. I bought a case of
Hyundai oil filters on ebay. It averaged out so that the price
per filter was less than just about any aftermarket filter our there.
Either way, I'd rather pay the price for an OEM part but prefer
to do it somewhere other than the dealer if I can.

Purolator filters have gotten good ratings in the past, but stay
away from Fram. If you ever get a chance Google "engine oil
filter study" Lots of info there.

John