New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Second hyundai owner I impressed!

Old 01-19-2014, 01:39 PM
Default Second hyundai owner I impressed!

Hello everyone,
I purchased a 2009 hyundai sonata a couple of years ago and was blown away by the styling and build quality of the car. I later traded down for a cheaper car to lower my payments to a 2002 mazda protege LX. It was not a good trade.
After one oil change the dealer was taking the car back.
So once the dealership made the deal right, I found myself in a 2012 hyundai accent GLS sedan in ultra black. And again I am completely impressed with the car.
Great styling, great mpg, fun to drive, and amazingly solid and well put together for an economy class car. Which I didnt expect.

My car has a button on the dash called active ECO. Well according to the manual when its lit up its supposed to get me better mileage. Ironically when its on I only get about 32mpg. When its off I get upward of 45 to 55 mpg.
A recent 160 mile round trip with the eco button off at 70 mph highway speeds resulted in an average of 45 mpg for the whole trip.
So I just leave the button off.

The only real thing that is irritating about the entire car is the fault of hyundai corporate itself and not the car. Its lack of a spare tire is just proposterous. So I went to a local tire shop and bought a donut spare for 20 bucks, and bought an 07 elantra spare tire kit for the car. Total spent was 80 dollars for the entire spare tire kit. Instead of hyundai 270 dollar replacement.

I have a long list of modifications I want to do to the car, like window tint, NAV, rims, lights etc. But for now Im sporting hub caps in lieu of the dollars needed to get the rim I want.

For an economy car(like i stated before) this is the best put together economy car I have ever owned. Solid, quiet, and very quick for its near motorcycle sized engine.

This is a picture of someone elses car, but its where Im going with mine as well
Second hyundai owner I impressed!-1zg69fa.jpg

My daughter picked up a 2000 hyundai sonata, for 750 bucks. A couple of hundred dollars later it was back up to spec and working perfectly. Her car has almost 150K on the clock, and is still as nice to drive as it was new.

With the way most dealerships are pumping out junk these days, not standing up for their warrantees, and leaving customers hanging. I will say my experience with hyundai dealers and their car have been 110%. My 09 sonata blew a TPS and was out of warrantee at the time (just). The skagit valley dealership took me in, fixed the problem, washed the car, and charged me nothing. The car was returned to me in 30 minutes, and I was greeted with a smile, a hand shake, and a "please come back to us when you want to buy a new car".
That kind of customer treatment is almost unheard of these days. The reliability, build quality, and customer service I have experienced have been outstanding.
I think Im sold on the brand,... for now!

Old 01-19-2014, 09:02 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum and best of luck with the Hyundais.

Old 03-13-2015, 07:57 AM
Default Hyundai....

I bought my 1st Hyundai Tucson 2005 gl and have had great luck with it, i did a lot of research and gave these guys a shot even with all my friends laughing about the brand, i said Hyundai says they got their act together about quality and from my experiences they have....GL with yours

Old 05-11-2015, 10:05 PM

Hello and welcome. That is good to know that Korean tech are really that impressive.