Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

New Sante Fe suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 06:09 PM
Default RE: New Sante Fe suggestions?

ORIGINAL: Doohickie

Assuming you have an automatic transmission, be aware that Hyundais use ONLY SP III AT fluid. Don't let a tranny shop convince you that some kind of "universal" fluid will work; they can have detergents that can damage the innards of the tranny and torque converter on Hyundais.
Thank you... that's good to know... my daily driver is the same... only Toyota stuff can/should be used.

Old 03-29-2008, 11:26 PM

Well, our Sante Fe is home and in the garage. We're thrilled with our decision to trade our Pilot in on our Sante Fe. Not once did I question at signing thatwe were in the right place.The vehicle appears to offer all thethings we were looking for.[sm=smiley16.gif]

Old 04-17-2008, 01:38 PM

Hey Shawk. I bought an 08 Santa Fe as well just a month ago. And like you I chose it over the Honda Pilot. The insane prices are due to the phase out of the 07 Pilots to make room for the totally redesigned 08 models. What really did it for me was how quiet and smooth the Santa Fe was as compared to the Pilot. Engine noise was non-existant. Also got the DVD option, a blessing with the grandson and his friends in the backseats. So far, all is well as I approach the inititial 3K oil change. Hey, if it's the consumer reports midsize SUV of the year it should be okay. Good luck with yours and I'll keep in touch if anything abnormal arises. I actually upgraded from my Ford Escape.....too small now.

Old 04-17-2008, 05:02 PM

ORIGINAL: glampins

Hey Shawk. I bought an 08 Santa Fe as well just a month ago. And like you I chose it over the Honda Pilot. The insane prices are due to the phase out of the 07 Pilots to make room for the totally redesigned 08 models. What really did it for me was how quiet and smooth the Santa Fe was as compared to the Pilot. Engine noise was non-existant. Also got the DVD option, a blessing with the grandson and his friends in the backseats. So far, all is well as I approach the inititial 3K oil change. Hey, if it's the consumer reports midsize SUV of the year it should be okay. Good luck with yours and I'll keep in touch if anything abnormal arises. I actually upgraded from my Ford Escape.....too small now.
I agee... I was surprised how incredibly quite this vehicle is. You actually have to listen at start up to be sure it's running. Highway noise is almost non-existent as well. Hyundai did a great job with this vehicle. We've only got a few miles on ours but haven't regretted our choice one time. Do keep us posted... I will too. All the best!