Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

Radio Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2020, 10:29 PM
Default Radio Replacement

I have a 2018 Santa Fe Sport. It has the low end radio CD with 5 inch screen. I would like to replace it with something better, but really like the microphone that picks up my "Hey Siri, call..." etc
I don't want to lose that feature.

I see that there are used Infinity systems available.
Can you swap one out for the other?
If so, what should I know?
Any ideas or suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks

Old 06-08-2020, 07:28 AM

Newer vehicles contain a CAN (Controller Area Network) system . On many vehicles the radio is one of the modules in the network. If it is replaced with a radio that does not or will not communicate with the network , all sorts of problems come up.
I would suggest before you spend any of your hard earned $$$ on a replacement, that you might check with a Hyundai service dept so you don't create any problems like , not starting , multiple codes that could throw the powertrain system into limp mode and other features not working. We used to be able to swap a lot of different parts years ago, but NO MORE ! The electronics in today;s vehicles don't like when things are changed and respond accordingly.