Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

rear control arms

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 09:21 AM
Default rear control arms

jus t wondering if anyone had an issue were the rear control arms were so rusted that they broke, mine did, bothe of them, the first time that it happened hyundai paid for the replacement part and i just paid the labour(75$/h) wow i shoudl be a mecanic lol.. anywais they told me the other one was aboutto go also and wanted me to pay 690$ just for the part. if the part would of broken on the highway i could of killed myself or worst someone els,
i have pictures of the control arm i will be posting it later today, its crazy how bad it was any comment would be apreciated.
if u have any suggestions wright me mleblanc@advantagecall.com

Old 01-13-2008, 09:49 PM
Default RE: rear control arms

Uh....wow. That should not happen. That part should not cost that much either, maybe like $80. Installing it yourself wouldn't be that much trouble either if you have access to a lift or jack/jack stands.

Old 01-14-2008, 12:16 AM

i know that should not have happened, well i dont know whaer you get your parts but I WANT TO SHOP THERE! cause i went right to hyundai cananada and 690$ was their price, i have gotten 1 at 250$ 2nd hand , and another one for the other side at 300, plus accessories and labour, im not to mechanicly inclined to fix it myself , i wish lol...
anyone els heard about these parts breaking? this part should last at least 10 years even more,, it dident even last 7... obviously sompthing wrong with that picture... i cant post my pic now but i will tomorow. my mechanic told me im lucky to be alive, when i brought him my car ther was just a piece about a centimeter big holding , it broke right wher the coil spring mounts,, that piece is aprox 3 inches thick and 4 inches wide , how can that break... its so rusted i can break pieces with my fingers, turns to dust...
i cant beleve they have a good safety rating... i dont feel to safe

Old 01-10-2009, 10:48 AM

I just spent a boat load getting both of my rear control arms replaced on a 2001 Santa Fe with 110,000 on it. The non Hyundai mechanics who found it were shocked, I feel lucky that they found it and nothing bad happened. From my point of view I think it is a defect and I have found articles where the NHSTA is investigating this problem. If anyone has had any luck getting any money or resolution from Hyundai pleaase make a post.

Steve