Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

The Santa Fe body’s steel is special!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 09:14 AM
Default The Santa Fe body’s steel is special!

We traded in our two Fords on our Santa Fe, a Mustang and a Fusion. When I waxed either of the Fords, there were numerous locations on the body that would deflect significantly as I pressed and rubbed.
Hyundai is also a huge steel company in Korea, and I know that they make their own steel for their vehicle’s bodies. There is not a single place on the new Santa Fe body that deflects in the slightest, and I’ve been pressing even harder than I was able to on the Fords. The thickness of the steel on the Hyundai is probably one of the reasons its one of the heaviest of its size SUV’s......just one of the things that impresses the heck out of me about this SUV!

Old 08-19-2019, 09:21 AM

Could be because 80% of the body panels are Hyundai manufactured high strength steel...….

Old 08-19-2019, 09:25 AM

I am more convinced than ever of the quality of the body’s steel, as I was backing into a carport at an Air BnB we rented this past week. I accidentally rubbed the left rear fender up against one of the painted posts supporting the roof.....lots of rub off on the body, but NO deformation at all. And, all of the rub off came right off with a little rubbing compound when we got home! A couple of scrapes on the black fender liner is all we are left with. Amazing!