Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

Want to improve the ride of your 2018 Santa Fe? Do this.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 04:13 PM
Default Want to improve the ride of your 2018 Santa Fe? Do this.

I have about 2,400 miles on my 2018 Santa Fe 2.0T ULT AWD. I was so disappointed with the road noise and ride quality, I ditched the factory Kuhmo Crugen all-season tires and upgraded. I did this a week or so ago and the ride quality and road noise issue has improved about 90%. Unbelievable. I will not name the tire brand I upgraded to, but will private message you if you want to know. I will not list them because I do not want to sound like an advertiser for that specific brand and discredit my post. I've seen it done. I did spend over $800 for the four new all-season tires, but after driving on them for a week or two, it was a great investment. I can't believe the difference. As I always do before any purchase, I did a lot of research before I made my decision. Lots of reading and reviews, Consumer Reports, etc. I also researched the Kuhmo Crugen tire and the average score for them across a couple of hundred reviews from various sites was a 4.2 out of 10. The tires I purchased (using the same research sites) scored 9.3 out of 10.... and I sure notice the difference.

Old 04-10-2018, 10:12 AM

New member here, thanks for your post.
I just purchased a new 2018 Santa Fe Sport last week. I specifically chose the one I wanted that didn't have the Kuhmo Crugen all-season tires.
The ride is smooth and quiet and so far I am very pleased.

Old 04-19-2020, 06:13 PM

mjbuck,

Thanks for the post!

Would you please PM me with the info on the tires you purchased?

I recently acquired a 2015 Santa Fe Limited with only 33,000 well maintained miles on it.

I sold off a 2005 Toyota Highlander with 172,000 well maintained miles on that SUV. And the Highlander, with five times as many miles, rode and handled MUCH better than this Santa Fe.

Hyundai has A LOT to learn about quality suspensions and handling.

I’m hoping new quality skins on all four corners will improve on the incessant “way-was-was” road noise from the low grade Kumamoto Crugens.

Old 04-19-2020, 06:15 PM

Actually, the road noise is “wah-wah-wah.” 😁

Old 04-19-2020, 06:17 PM

And those are KUMHO tires on that truck; uh, SUV.

What is up with the spell check on this board?

Old 09-03-2021, 09:30 PM

mjbuck,
I am interested as well in the tires for my Santa Fe XL which rides like crap..
I've read reviews on Kuhmo Euro All AS210 that claim improved ride and quiet at cruising speed but not sure that is accurate review.
Please let me know what solved your issues.
Thanks,

Old 08-15-2022, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by mjbuck
I have about 2,400 miles on my 2018 Santa Fe 2.0T ULT AWD. I was so disappointed with the road noise and ride quality, I ditched the factory Kuhmo Crugen all-season tires and upgraded. I did this a week or so ago and the ride quality and road noise issue has improved about 90%. Unbelievable. I will not name the tire brand I upgraded to, but will private message you if you want to know. I will not list them because I do not want to sound like an advertiser for that specific brand and discredit my post. I've seen it done. I did spend over $800 for the four new all-season tires, but after driving on them for a week or two, it was a great investment. I can't believe the difference. As I always do before any purchase, I did a lot of research before I made my decision. Lots of reading and reviews, Consumer Reports, etc. I also researched the Kuhmo Crugen tire and the average score for them across a couple of hundred reviews from various sites was a 4.2 out of 10. The tires I purchased (using the same research sites) scored 9.3 out of 10.... and I sure notice the difference.
can you tell me what the brand of tires you replaced the kimmo with?

Old 09-26-2022, 05:39 AM

mjbuck,

Pls, do private message me. I am very interested in your choice of tire. If you can furnish any links that made your mind up that would be great. Currently, I have my Santa Fe and a Lexus RX I am trying to determine what tires to use.

Old 10-07-2022, 02:46 AM

I'm quite happy with the factory tires, at least I haven't heard any noise yet, but I'm also interested in plans to upgrade them

Old 10-08-2022, 05:13 AM
Smile

Originally Posted by mjbuck
Pls, do PM me on your tire selection as I am currently searching out tires for my 2013 Santa Fe.