Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

Warranty Coverage

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 09:04 AM
Default Warranty Coverage

2004 Santa Fe, Check Engine light came on after 37,000 miles. Diagnosed as faulty evaporative close valve, replaced, no charge. 2 days later Check Engine light came back on. This time was diagnosed as"excessive dirt in cannister filter & close valve" Replaced filter and close valve $155.46. They refused to cover under warranty because "youlive on a dirt road". This part is bolted to the underside of the car and not covered if you live on a dirt road? No mention in manual regarding restrictions on warranty if you live on a dirt road. Besides, what's an SUV anyway? Complained to Hyundai, got no response. Complained through Better Business Bureau, got no response.

Old 11-28-2007, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Warranty Coverage

Wow that sucks. I'm kind of surprised it wasn't covered under warranty. If you did all related maintenance and there is no mention of extra maintenance based on dusty conditions, that should clearly be covered under warranty. I think I would contact the consumer advocate at the local newspaper or television station. We've done that with other things like home mortgages, and they fix it really quick because they don't want the bad publicity. If that fails, maybe small claims court would be next.