Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

Who has the 07 Santa fe?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 07:35 AM
Default Who has the 07 Santa fe?

For those of you who have an 07 with the 3.3L how are you liking them? I like the new look and Im considering getting one for daily driver so I can let the tib rest in the garage more

Old 01-29-2007, 08:21 PM
Default RE: Who has the 07 Santa fe?

I have an 07, but opted for the 2.7, and AWD.which I find to be plenty powerful even with 6 people in it. I have the 3rd row seats that is very comfortable. The more I drive it the more I like. Only have 650. mi on it. Only get around 16.5 mpg, city,but maybe with another 600 miles and the engine broken in it will get the advertised 19 mpg, which I doubt. Very firm, but smooth ride.

Old 02-04-2007, 02:13 PM

I have the 2007 limited. I love it. I'm averaging 19 MPG (mostly city, 2000 miles). I test drove cx-7, outlook, vue and kept coming back to the santa fe. I'm am very happy with my choice so far.

Old 02-07-2007, 01:31 PM

i dont own a 2007 santa fe but i do like them

Old 02-08-2007, 10:22 PM
FAF

I have the 07 Santa Fe limited with the 3.3L, no 3rd seat. I like it, but it is going to take awhile to get used to it since my previous car was a '01 Volvo XC70. Seats were more comfortable and it was a car, not an SUV.
I like the styling on the 07 and it came with all of the bells and whistles I was looking for: driver and passenger temp controls, heated leather seats, power driver seat. Plenty of power - doesn't down shift when I need power to pass, it just goes.
I wish it had: better gas mileage (getting about 19 mpg combined), nav system, power passenger seat, maybe moonroof (although I didn't request it when I could have).
Problems: 2 very slight ones -
I sense the transmission shifting more in this than any other car I've had, not a big issue and the service mgr says they don't feel it when they drive it. I test drove 2 other limiteds and didn't get this sense in them.
And, the cruise control speed drops off by about 2 mph going up hills at highway speed and doesn't recover until you get to the top of the hill, again not a big issue, but never had this happen with other cars and service mgr now says that the cruise control keeps it at speed within 2-3 mph (BS). I asked where in the manual or sales literature it says that and he changed the subject.

Old 04-06-2007, 03:36 PM

I also have a Sante Fe, but I'm having a problem with it. Seems to be a shifting problem between 30-39 mph. When starting from a stop, there is engine breaking when speed are between 30- and 39mph and you aredeccelarating. The tach will be around 1800rpm @ 39mph. This only occurs before you hit 40 mph, once 40 is reached and you come back down into the 30-39mph range and coast, no engine breaking and tach is around 1000rpm.

Just got it back from dealer to look at problem and they said it's normal, which I think is a load of crap. Car is getting around 16MPG, and they said they have been averaging around 15-60MPG city.

Has anyone been having this same problem? I have the Limited with the 3.3.

Thanks,
Bob

Old 04-11-2007, 08:24 PM

We have a 2007 Limited with Touring Package and love it. It is comfortable on long trips and easy to handle in town.
We also have a GMC Yukon XL for big jobs and camper towing. Quite a comtrast.

Old 04-11-2007, 09:04 PM

Bob,
I have the 2.7 and the shifting is normal. I dont feel any unusual engine braking. As a matter of fact, on down grades I manually shift to a lower gear to slow down.

There is a thread in here re an 06 that had that problem and they had to replace a computer component that governs the tranny, but by 07 you'de think the problem would be solved.

I have almost 2k on the car and 16 mpg in city is what I consistently average. Better on freeway, about 20 mpg.

Old 05-15-2007, 03:21 PM

I have a 2007 for 2 months now, I was really impress on the vehicle as this is my first Hyundai I owned Mazda's for the past 10 years. I test drove the following:

Mazda CX7: cool ride, but very rough on accelerations, only used premium fuel, poor gaz mileage, the leather seat in Cx7 were the same as in my Mazda 3 but with a price tag of more than 10K

Mitsubishi Outlander: very good handle but stiff suspension, dash look to be on my knees (6'2"), stereo system kick with the big sub in the back, draw back very expressive for the top of the line model and not ready to deal what so ever.

So I got the Santa Fe GLS (Canadian equivalent of Limited)... My only problems are with the dealer I choose to buy from, what a mistake.

First my vehicle had factory defects in it and no one said anything until I sat in the vehicle. Than at the same time I noticed that the leather drive seat had a cut in it....!!! My mistake there was to take the dealer manager word that he would fix those problems; I should walk away at that time in insight.

I took a month for them to fix my seat and they end up switching the entire seat with a new vehicle that came in, poor sucker who got my old seat. The other defect was in the driver side panel, that was fix very fast... this was warrant...not like the seat.

To top it off they used the wrongs screws while installing my license plate....so I tried to take the license plate off to clean it and imagine the screws were turning with the grommets.....

They pried my license plate off and damage the vehicle finish behind including denting it. This was fixed, but very poorly so know I am waiting for Hyundai Canada to get involved as I don't trust this dealership.... will see what happens.

I love the SUV except those problems, very smooth driving, a lot of options for the price dual zone great, lot of safety features.... Would recommend it to anyone except don't buy from the dealer I choose.

Old 06-13-2007, 07:23 PM

Where in Canada are you ? What dealer ? Im in Vancouver, BC and am looking for a good dealer in the lower mainland.

Im looking at the GLS with 5 seats (prefer the under floor storage rather than the extra seats at the back).

Quick Reply: Who has the 07 Santa fe?