Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

Who has the 07 Santa fe?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 08:11 AM
Default RE: Who has the 07 Santa fe?

I just picked up a Sante Fe 2007 Limited with sunroof on 7-'07. Your MPG will be lower on the limited because you CANNOT turn off the stupid air conditioner with the AUTO system. Just like my wife's former '02 Audi A4, the air is always on unless you turn up the temp above 78 or so or you turn off the system. Then the fan goes off. Click the fanthe air turns on. I will showa fix for that on my soon to be Hyundai page, it's pretty simple. Just need to know where the on/off "switch" will be located. I drove a SE and liked everything (including the upgraded stereo) but was looking for leather and heated seats.This other dealer had a limited, but they don't include the stereo upgrade? The limited only has this 605W massive stereo and DVD system for 3K. Currently getting 18.8 MPG but I only have 230 miles on it. Long straight drives, not much traffic. What the computer display should have is Average Speed. That tells everything. If my average speed for a tank of gas is 44 and yours is 33. I will get better gas mileage. Average speed includes all your idling time.Sitting at lights, running in for coffee or startuppre-heatingor cooling would be added in to the Average Speed. I forget what car my wife had that had average speed, maybe the Audi ?

Old 08-23-2007, 03:21 PM

Dazed,

I lived in Edmonton and the dealer name is Southtown and I would not recommend anyone buying from them.

Sorry for the late reply I was away.

Old 08-23-2007, 06:29 PM

Just bought an 07 Limited and love it.

Old 09-01-2007, 05:34 PM

I'd like to add my $.02 USD x 2 worth even a week after the last post. I purchased an 07 LTD AWD w/3rd row on June 29th to replace my wife's Durango. She loves it. She's been averaging 23 MPG on the highway as she does mostly hiway driving.
I liked it so much I just picked up my own '07 LTD AWD w/o 3rd row yesterday to replace my Jeep GC LTD and have all of 230 miles one it. These are our first Hyundais and the reviews have been good, the looks are good, the gas mileage quite good and the overall pricing was good. Hard to beat.

Old 09-05-2007, 12:41 PM

Have had my 07 SE for about a month. I t just turned 1000 miles. The only negative thing I have been able to find is that the sunglass holder gets very got. My sunglasses have wire frames, and were almost too hot to touch. Other than that, I like everything about the vehicle.

Old 09-08-2007, 12:45 PM

I have the 2WD SE model without any option packages. The standard build suited my needs, actually my wife's needs. I started researching cars in January when we found out we were going to have our second child. We needed something bigger that wouldn't break the bank. After going back and forth between Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi, Subaru, used, new, certified pre-owned, and everything else in the class, it all came back to the Santa Fe. Reviews were good and the negatives people were putting out there just couldn't sway my decision. I checked TSB's and tried to find common negative comments or problems. I couldn't find a common complaint in my shopping. Problems were isolated, and I saw TSB's for those which the warranty coveres.

When I first bought the Santa Fe, I took it back to the dealer for a clicking sound in the engine compartment when starting forward after backing driveway. They tightened everthing up and couldn't find anything. Then I was looking over the owner manual and found an answer for the sound. The owner's manual states the click will happen when the starting out becaus the Stability Control feature is engaging. It has a manual shut-off button for that feature. I can turn it off before I go, and the sound disappears. I guess the service department didn't have knowledge of this sound and feature.

I had my sight on the AWD model, but the dealer actually talked me out of the need for it because of the Stability Control, and Traction Control. Snow and ice where I live is something that shows up a few times during the year. The standard stereo sounds nice, not thumping, but has nice tone and base. It has XM and I have a lot of burned cd's with MP3 files.

Power and drive is nice. The car is actually quite agile for it's size, probably because of the stiffer suspension everyone is talking about. The ride is quiet for the most part, and there's a nice subtle growl from the engine when it's pushed. I keep the tire pressure at 30psi as suggested for this vehicle. The bumps and rough road noise is there, but its only subtle.

My only complaint is that I get wnd noise when driving on the highway. I'll mention that too the dealer next time I take it in and see if they can adjust or replace the door seals. Its not a deal breaker issue. Overall the style, power, drive, space, standard features, safety features, warranty, and price sold me on this one. I'll consider another Hyundai when my current Nissan has given me all it can.

Old 09-08-2007, 02:02 PM

i have had my gls 2.7 for 4 months now. it's got 6k miles.

Only complants- very stiff suspension, and the engine seems a bit sluggish when flooring it. It seems like it takes the car a second or two to figure out that you want to go fast.