Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

06 Sonata GLS - Auto Up/Down Pwr Windows No More Worky

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 04:28 PM
Default 06 Sonata GLS - Auto Up/Down Pwr Windows No More Worky

2006 Sonata GLS
141k miles

Push the window switch down fully and the window lowers all the way without need to hold the switch; same for closing the window. This "one-touch operation" is a nice feature that the driver and front passenger can enjoy.

Problem is, this feature has stopped working in my Sonata. Just to be clear: all windows go up and down. It's just the "one-touch operation" that no longer works.

I've played the keyword search game within this forum (and others) but I cannot find any similar accounts. So here I am.

Anyone familiar with this problem? Better: anyone familiar with this problem's solution?

Last edited by lothian; 08-21-2018 at 06:45 PM.
Old 08-21-2018, 05:27 PM

There is suppose to be a unit that controls the auto up and down
Check schematic for your car to be sure
Or got to hyundai parts website (such as HyundaiOEMparts.com) and see if there is this unit available
Note the part number
Then check other websites for cheaper (such as Ebay.com).

Good luck

Old 08-21-2018, 05:44 PM

Check the schematics for my 2006 Sonata, you say. No problemo!

Interestingly, the two front windows are controlled electronically, whereas the two rear windows are controlled electrically. But I digress...

It appears from the schematics (below) that for both front windows, a computer within their respective control module interprets the window switch position to signal any of four distinct operations (e.g., manual up/down, or auto up/down), then actuates the motor accordingly. So it seems a failure, sudden or otherwise, of the "one-touch operation" doesn't appear to be mechanical. This might mean I must replace the entire module (oem p/n: 93570-3K010-QS (driver-side) and 93575-3K010-QS (psgr-side)) instead of just repair it. Bummer, I guess.

Another question I have: the passenger-side window has a similar control module--and the same problem. That seems like too much of a coincidence. I wonder if a failure of the "one-touch operation" feature in one module would induce the same failure in the module in the other door.

But wait! It's pretty clear from the schematics that both window control modules communicate with each other across CAN. And since these things are electronic AND they communicate via CAN, there's gotta be a t-code diagnostic procedure ...right? RIGHT...??

grrr... Why don't Hyundai Techs peruse these forums...?

Last edited by lothian; 08-21-2018 at 06:55 PM.
Old 08-22-2018, 02:42 PM

Aren't you making this a bit hard on yourself? I would have gone to a junkyard to get a replacement switch, At my preferred yard I can return it for store credit if it does not solve the issue.

Old 08-22-2018, 03:09 PM

How... exactly... is "going to a junkyard" easier than simply running a diagnostic, or querying the masses for an viable solution? And...

You have a "preferred [junk]yard"...

Old 08-22-2018, 03:15 PM

Don't be offended. I simply have a different approach, not necessarily a better one.
All the best!

Old 08-22-2018, 03:17 PM

no offense taken, nor intended. just joshing you. didn't catch that nudge to your left-side, i gather. i blame trump.

Honestly, it'd be handy were a junkyard or two relatively close to me. eBay is my lone source for used OEM Hyundai parts.

Last edited by lothian; 08-22-2018 at 03:22 PM.
Old 08-22-2018, 03:23 PM

"i blame trump."

LOL!!!!, So do I - daily!

Old 08-22-2018, 11:23 PM

The left and right front safety window module share a common ground
That would be where I would check first.
Everything else works. So it has power to the motor and the motor has a ground.
But, the control units at the front right and left may not have a good ground which causes it to fail??
Don't know. Just guessing.

Yeah, I blame Trump too ... lol

Old 08-23-2018, 07:20 AM

Hey Guys,
I don't care who you blame , just don't blame me !
AND you know the reason why some techs don't comment, IS, they don't make any money here !
In the meantime , I thought allegretto, my cousin, just kidding, made a good suggestion. I have met him on other forums and he is no dummy.
Those of us that have been burned with getting too complicated have learned to check the simple things first.
So now I will attempt to examine the schematics provided and maybe come up with another hopeful suggestion. There are enough heads working on this and maybe a possible solution will be found.
Also, I share avisitor's suggestion of the common ground.

Last edited by hanky; 08-23-2018 at 07:23 AM.

Quick Reply: 06 Sonata GLS - Auto Up/Down Pwr Windows No More Worky