Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

2005 sonata gl v6...help meã…*ã…*

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 12:57 AM
Default 2005 sonata gl v6...help meã…*ã…*

i post my appeal letter which i sent to hyundai motor customer service center.
do you guys have the same problem?? and what should i do to solve this problem? should i start a suit by lemon law?
--------------------------------

I bought my 2005 HYUNDAI SONATA GL V6 through Giant Hyundai on January 24, 2005. However, within a week of purchase I discovered something wrong with the vehicle. Every time I stepped on the accelerator, a strange noise came from inside the car. This sound (case 1) was similar to that of a whistle (high-toned noise), a bird call, or like a cricket’s chirp. Thus, I visited the dealer at Giant Hyundai where I told the manager of this problem, to which he replied that I should first get my car checked at the Hyundai Service Center. He said that if there was anything wrong with the car, he promised to exchange my vehicle for a brand new one. Yet, the Hyundai mechanic said he could not find anything wrong with my car. I thought maybe the sound I heard was a one-time thing, and so I returned home. However, the car continued to make the same noise, and this issue began to give me enough stress to disrupt my driving and daily life. Therefore I went to the Service Center at the Giant Hyundai dealer at least eight times. Still, their reply was that there was no problem. They claimed that it was just a normal phenomenon.

One time I met the head manager with my friend and requested to solve this problem concerning my car. Yet his reply only left me more baffled and angry. He declared that problems concerning vehicles and the customer complaints that follow have nothing to do with him. He said that he didn’t know how to deal with the problem and told me that I should just bring it back to the Service Center and get it checked out and repaired over there. I felt rather insulted and resolved that I would never buy another Hyundai car again.

Summer drew near and as the weather grew warmer, I observed another problem with the car. Mostly occurring at lower speeds (sometimes at high speeds, also) whenever I was stepping down on the accelerator, somewhere in the dashboard area of the passenger side, a sound like a loose screw or nail (CASE 2) was heard (like a ticking sound). Thus, I chose to go to a different Hyundai Service Center (TOWNE HYUNDAI) and after telling the personal there of the problem I left the car in their hands. Yet I heard the same reply – there was no problem. The funny thing was that the sound (CASE 1) I had heard during the winter was no longer audible. Yet, the ticking sound (CASE 2) was quite obvious. Therefore, I visited this garage once again, and when one worker held his ear against the dashboard on the passenger side, he confirmed that indeed he could hear this ticking sound. This worker told me to make another appointment and return later. Yet, when I visited again, that worker was no longer working at that dealership, and other workers said that they could not believe his words.

I continued to visit this Service Center, and eventually I called the customer service center and around November I was able to meet the DPSM. He checked my car and after declaring that he too could hear the high-toned sound after comparing my car with another Sonata, he confirmed this to be a problem and said that he would exchange the belt of my vehicle’s engine. Even after my belt was exchanged, I still heard the sound and I tried to meet with the DPSM once again, but I couldn’t, even after 3 months had gone by (I think that this noise may not be related with the belt, but may be related with the belt idle flee or other parts according to the same cases which I found on the web site and in the opinion of a private garage). When it became winter again, the sound I had heard from last winter only became even louder and I continued to visit the dealer garage. This time the workers there confirmed that they could hear the sound, but they insisted that it w