Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

2006 Sonata fuel sloshing noise

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 09:14 PM
Default RE: 2006 Sonata fuel sloshing noise

I would like to point out that I did NOT put that advertising hyperlink in my posts of Dec 3 2005 or
Feb 11 2006 that you can read above! Some jerk is using OUR posts to this forum to advertise and not only that but he seems to have editing rights to our posts!

Old 03-18-2006, 05:36 AM

All of you that got that sloshing noise have a problem. I have an '06 Sonata LX V6 and have fueled it many times already, had the audio system off and hit speed bumps and had to make sudden stops and don't hear any fuel sloshing noises whatsoever. My Sonata was bought in California and I live in Nevada. That sounds annoying and distinct. I will get the warranty in play and have that fixed because it is not common on mine at all.

Old 03-25-2006, 03:49 PM

Maddyo----Do you know if Hyundai has fixed the gas tank problem? Can you tell us when your car was manufactured?------TIA, Gino

Old 05-14-2006, 04:05 PM

I have not heard the sloshing sound from our Sonata. It's probably being drowned out by the noise from the rear suspension. There are a ton of complaints on both of these issues. I hope they do something to resolve them.

Old 05-16-2006, 01:00 AM

I personally have not experienced any complaints of a sloshing sound from fuel tank.I have had one with some noise in the rear. I retourqued all rear control arm bolts with vehicle wheels on ground so bushings have correct load at time.That took care of noise. no real problems from 06 NF vehicles. We are in the south and we get alot of moisture .I recommend that you return to your dealer and have them connect chassis ears to isolate and fix the noise.As for the fuel slosh. It may be simpler than they think.Remember anything can be fixed,anything .It is a matter of the tech staying on it and finding the problem.

Old 06-20-2006, 05:40 PM

I just bought a new '06 Sonata GLS with the Sport package. Mine is not making any of those noises. It is really, really quiet. About the only thing I do hear is tire noise on certain surfaces. Absolutely great car! Haven't had this much fun with a car since I owned my '67 & '68 Camaros.

[sm=happy046.gif]

Old 06-22-2006, 12:21 AM

OK, this may well be my last post on the fuel sloshing noise. I recently had my second inspection and brought up the problem again. The dealership owner told me that Hyundai recognized the problem and has decided it's not serious enough to fix. He suggested I should call Hyundai Canada to pursue the matter. I emailed Hyundai Canada and after several back-and-forths, they told me essentially the same thing ........They are ignoring it. It's a bloody shame, because other than the noise and the uncomfortable seats (comes with small cars), I really love this car. Absolutely nothing has broken in the first year! Reliability is A1.

Old 10-18-2006, 10:12 AM

Hello My 07 has the same noise. I guess we will live with it .

Old 10-26-2006, 05:06 PM

I have a Sonata 2007 SE 3.3L manufactured on 7/20/06

I also have the thumping noise from the rear suspension. Just talked with the Hyundai Customer Care
Rep on the phone. They are aware f the noise, but sisnc e it is not a safety issue there is no fix planned.
Not to say one will not come.

I suggest you contact your dealer and push the issue if it bothers you.
I am not happy with it. Very annoying since we live in New England with our nice roads.

I have an appointment at the dealer again. This time he said we will put it on the lift and also try another one in the lot to see if it has the same noise. Which would only tell me they all have it.

Some of the other forums talk alot about it. Not much in here.

Ed G

Old 10-27-2006, 02:11 PM

Hello maybe a fix is due . I took my Sonata to dealer they say it has a broken baffel in the tank and is ordering a new one . It wont be there to next week so I will let you all know .

John

Quick Reply: 2006 Sonata fuel sloshing noise