Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

2007 Sonata Starter Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2021, 09:40 AM
Default 2007 Sonata Starter Replacement

Gents;
Replaced my starter yesterday. Didn't need to but the auto has over 200K miles and noticed the starter spinning slower, for the past year, so it was time. Before beginning the project, I saw the starter buried behind the intake manifold which looked like a problem so I scoured You Tube videos on the subject. Found a great video which addressed the 4 cylinder starter replacement....
. The only thing I would like to add is there is a bracket next to the starter that should b removed. I suppose you could snake the starter out from behind the bracket but to keep the cussing and bleeding knuckles to a minimum, I removed it. I had purchased a core starter from a salvage yard about 4 years ago for $15 bucks and rebuild it for about $30 bucks. It's been ready to install for that time but not wanting to get under a car, I put it off. However, with the thought of getting stuck at a Walmart parking lot becoming more likely, I took on the project. I've included a picture of my dirty starter so you can see the serial number. However, I am not 100% sure but there is a possibility the starter for an automatic equipped car is a different number; my car is a manual. The project was not hard but will result in needless removal of parts and added time, unless you look at the You Tube video. Best of luck!

2007 Sonata starter