Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

2010 sonata concerns

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 03:09 PM
Default 2010 sonata concerns

wats up everybody. i need some advice. i used to work for a hyundai dealership out here in philly where i live and while workin there i bought a 2010 sonata gls. i put about 7700 miles on it since i bought it and for the last month or so ive been having a problem. sometimes after ive been driving my car and lets just say i go over my friends house for an hour or 2...i come out and my car doesnt want to start. it will crank and crank but it wont turn over and then when it finally does turn over it shakes violently and stalls. and then when i go to start it a second time everything is fine. after the first 3 or 4 times of it doing this i took it back to the dealership and i left my car sitting out back of the service dept. for like over an hour and a tech went out to start it and it was fine (of course). is there anything that could cause this? i dont use cheap gas, all my fluids are fine, ive been keeping up with oil changes and maintenance and i checked my air filter...clean as a whistle. along with this sometimes the car feels like its hesitating a bit especially when the air is on.

another less serious problem ive been having is sometimes after parking the car for the night when i start it up the next morning its like my battery reset itself. all of my presets on my radio are gone and my bass and treble settings are back to "00" ive had the battery and the alternator tested and they are fine. im sorry this thread is so long but i just dont know what to do. this is my first brand new cars and im having more problems with this cars than i did with my last car that had 70,000 miles on it when i bought it.

Old 07-12-2010, 03:48 PM

Start by checking the battery terminals for cleanliness & being secure, then trace the battery cables to their respective connection points. All connections should be clean & snug, not smoked to tight.

If all that is OK, pull & push back in every fuse & relay that you can get your hands on, and one very important connection to look at last is the ECU plug(s).