Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

2018 GPS "Or lack of there of"

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 06:05 PM
Default 2018 GPS "Or lack of there of"

Who's great idea was to have the phone control the GPS should be fired. Every time it takes us 7 or more minutes to setup the thing if it works correctly. Today it took 21 minutes to leave the damn drive way. The MOST terrible design ever...period. Should have GPS in the car. With that said, is there a GPS device to permanently connect to the car instead of using a phone. I don't mean another phone or another GPS device. Thnx.

Old 10-07-2021, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by ortizimo
Who's great idea was to have the phone control the GPS should be fired. Every time it takes us 7 or more minutes to setup the thing if it works correctly. Today it took 21 minutes to leave the damn drive way. The MOST terrible design ever...period. Should have GPS in the car. With that said, is there a GPS device to permanently connect to the car instead of using a phone. I don't mean another phone or another GPS device. Thnx.
I have an 11 year old Garmin Nuvi that takes about that long. Though, no problems after. No Nav in my '16 Hybrid, but I had a '15 ES350 and it was up in about a minute. You have something that does not seem normal? The Blue Link technology that my Sonata has is apparently a failure and will be useless after this year, apx. So... take that into consideration. I don't think you'll get much help on this forum unless someone else has the same problem? Lots of reads on these posts, but few responses. I think dividing the car models by generations would possibly help? Or Hyundai owners are very introverted? No offense. Go talk to whoever sells aftermarket installed Navigation and pick their brain. Someone there will probably know about it if it's a common issue and love showing off their expertise.