Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

Code p0018 won't go away, engine shakes

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2019, 01:07 AM
Default Code p0018 won't go away, engine shakes

Hey, I've had an 07 sonata for awhile and the original engine took a crap at 90,000 miles. I have the motor replaced and the new motor shakes at idle and has code p0018 and I cannot clear it. I have replaced a cam sensor and also a ocv and new harness for the ocv. Car shakes after it warms up and bogs down after a few miles and has no power. I tried to clear the code several times and it will not stay off oh, I had it at the dealer and they tried to clear the code after replacing the ocv and the harness and they couldn't get it to stay off. the car rattles at startup just like my original motor did the new motor rattles just like the original one did and I don't know what the mileage is on this matter because some yin yang put the motor in and I don't know what the mileage is or anything I got ripped off. I cannot clear the code therefore I cannot get the car inspected, can anyone tell me what the f is keeping this engine light on and what the hell it could possibly be please do not tell me it is a freaking transmission problem or a motor mount I've had that check and they're fine. I love to know what it is cuz I want to keep the car it was my brothers and he's no longer with us. honest knowledgeable answers will be greatly appreciated here as I am sick and freaking tired of this problem, the car starts up fine with a rattle and immediately gets quiet, and then after it warms up not all the time but sometimes it'll start the bog down and it will lose power and you can hear it sound like the engine doesn't want to move and the only code it shows is a p0018. I have read are the threads about the engine shaking but I have not read other threads about the p0018 can anyone freaking help me out with this problem oh, I'm out of kid I'm a grown man I have an idea what it might be but I don't want to have to do the tensioner send a chain if I don't have to I just spent a ton of money on the engine replacement $2,800, and I really don't have money for another car I live in collegeville Pennsylvania I would love to have someone help me with this car any suggestions any comments please make them relevant to my issue because I know cars well enough to know this is not a coil this is not an injector this is not an engine mount it's something to do with timing I'm almost positive. Thanks

Old 10-27-2019, 05:25 AM

There is no shortcut here. There is a good possibility the timing has jumped a tooth or two.
Crankshaft and camshaft timing have to be on the money .
If it is off one tooth it will throw that code. Not knowing the condition of the replacement engine it may require a new timing belt and that is when the timing can be straightened out.